Check This Out

cozye

• Member Contributer

This is a qualifier off of my 600RR. I only got about 3200 miles off this front. I'm guessing it has something to do with the tire profile difference from front to rear as to why this one didn't get out to the edge but the rear did. I also ran a Pilot Power on the rear for about the last 1000 miles since the Rear qualifier picked up a nail.

The sides of the tire really flattened out. I had 4 spots where the rubber was peeling off and belt was fixing to show. Tire went to the gap twice. There was a noticable "corner" where the chicken strip met the side where it was flattened out. I would say the qualifiers are "decent" but the weird profile/wear on these had me a little concerend. The front did slide on me once on its last day on the Cherohala. Slid what felt like 3 inches or so, enough that the bike wobbled a bit and my knee touched (the only time my knee has ever touched btw..). The slide felt very gradual though and didn't really scare the crap out of me too badly. It caught traction again and I went on around the corner and backed off a bit.

nomar003.jpg

nomar005.jpg

Anyway, I don't really know why I'm posting this, other than I found the wear pattern interesting.

Archived