Power Race Tires And Heat Cycles

crepitus

• Member Contributer

I know this has been mentioned before somewhere in threads, but so far has been too obscure for me to find and I don't have the time to keep looking so here goes:

I just bought a track bike (SV650) that has Power Race's on it with one track day (6 sessions) with no tire warmers applied. Are they good for another day, or should I go ahead and mount new ones. If they are good, should I invest in tire warmers or is the compound close enough to the other DOT Powers line that they don't require this?

• Member Contributer
I know this has been mentioned before somewhere in threads, but so far has been too obscure for me to find and I don't have the time to keep looking so here goes:

I just bought a track bike (SV650) that has Power Race's on it with one track day (6 sessions) with no tire warmers applied. Are they good for another day, or should I go ahead and mount new ones. If they are good, should I invest in tire warmers or is the compound close enough to the other DOT Powers line that they don't require this?

They are fine, you don't REALLY need tire warmers, new race tires will wear out before you heat cycle them to death.

Are they Power Race, or Pilot Race?

• Member Contributer
Power Race Medium, front & rear

Yea, they will be fine. Was following a local through Deal's Gap yesterday running those tires. Said he gets about 400 miles out of them at Deal's Gap.

I ran a set of Power Race take offs on my f4i for a track day and now have the rear on my VFR with no issues. I've already gotten to rides out of it and looks like it's good for another 500-1000 miles. :thumbsup:

Nice track weapon the SV, great bikes.

• Member Contributer

Yea, they will be fine. Was following a local through Deal's Gap yesterday running those tires. Said he gets about 400 miles out of them at Deal's Gap.

What was the guy's name and/or what bike was he on?

• Member Contributer

I forget his name, he was from Knoxville with an 03 600rr. He was DAMN fast.

• Member Contributer

I forget his name, he was from Knoxville with an 03 600rr. He was DAMN fast.

If you went up there a couple times a week or more, you'd be too. wink.gif I have too many obligations to get up there more than once or twice a month. I haven't been there (on motorcycle) in over six weeks. I can tell a huge difference if I actually get to go there a couple of times in a week, which is rare. You know it's all about knowing the corners and being confident with the corner speeds.

EDIT: Wow, I highjacked my own thread. Nice.

EDIT: Wow, I highjacked my own thread. Nice.

Your outta here, can't get much more flagrant than jacking your own thread! +1.gif

The banning s will continue until moral improves! :goofy:

:goofy:

Archived