De-paired This Week

Veefer800Canuck

So after fabbing my custom dual underseat exhaust, I noticed a fair bit more decel popping than with the Micron I had on before.

Maybe due to greater canister internal volume? Lower exhaust velocity? Not sure.

I read the easy de-PAIR procedure as shown here: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...;showarticle=23

Anyhow, all decel popping has completely vanished and if I'm not imagining things, the bike seems quieter when accelerating too? :thumbsup:

Only slight downside is that the initial throttle response (immediately off idle) is a tad "fluffy". When taking off from a stop, there's the slightest hint of hesitation. The bike doesn't stumble or anything, it's just seems slightly "soft".

I'm thinking that a SV sync should take care of that. (I hope).

had you already removed the 02 sensors?

Never had any. I've got a simplified '99 with a good old fashioned fast idle lever and no O2's or cat. :thumbsup:

ah, i need to start reading what bikes people have....it would help cut down on my stupid questions!!