Pilot Road 2 Ct Release Info

tinyminds

Just thought I would let people that were interested know that I talked to the Michelin rep today and was told the Road 2 CT's would be hitting US floors on September 12, 2007.

I'm a huge sport tire fan, but flat roads = flat spots so going to have to get a 2nd set of wheels by then and change my tires in and out for commuting (2 CT's ) / group rides (M3's).

Just thought I would let people that were interested know that I talked to the Michelin rep today and was told the Road 2 CT's would be hitting US floors on September 12, 2007.

I'm a huge sport tire fan, but flat roads = flat spots so going to have to get a 2nd set of wheels by then and change my tires in and out for commuting (2 CT's ) / group rides (M3's).

With you on that one.. That's exactly what I am doing (now if I only had a bike to put them on) wink.gif

We have them till spring in France, I hesitate and finally choose BT-021 because I like BT 10, 12, 14, 20 on previous bikes.

Some friends tooks PR 2 and we all rode safely under heavy rain trip. Everyone being pleased of his choice.

According to a Bike magazine that test them, PR 2 have a better feeling in wet conditions. The front tire is more V shaped than BT021 and so the bike goes quicker to lean.

The front one is a real 2 components, only rear one on BT. And I see it after 4000 km the rear looks new, the front seems to be 50% used.

Pilot Road 2 CT

p1255_002.jpg

PS the ad spot by... Nicky Hayden

PR2 by Nicky Hayden

I've just got a set of Road2 and are mounting them next week.

The German bike magazine Motorrad, has tested some of the tires for this season and the Michelin Pilot Road2 came out on top, followed by Metzeler Roadtec 6 and Pirelli Diablo Strada.

Next on the list: Bridgestone BT 0121, Continental Road Attack, Dunlop D220 ST and Avon Storm ST.

Tests were conducted both on dry and wet asphalt.

However on dry surface only, the Roadtech was best followed by Pirelli, Bridgestone and Michelin.

Best in the wet: Michelin, Pirelli, Metzeler, Continental, Bridgestone, Dunlop and Avon.

Seems like the wet qualities of the Michelin was decisive.

On the French mag (FJR1300 & bandit 1250 both with ABS) :

wet : Metzeller Z6, Pirelli Strada & Michelin Pilot Road2, Continental Road Attack & BT021, Dunlop D220

overall : Z6, Strada, PR2, Road Attack, BT021, D220

braking test on dry road at 100 km/h : best Road Attack 35.8 m worst PR2 & Z6 39.3 m

braking test on wet road at 100 km/h : best PR2 43.7 m worst BT021 48.4 m

"dodge" test : Z6 & Strada & BT021, PR2 & Road Attack, D220

• Member Contributer

Have not read the Bike review. Just got the BT021s front and rear as the PR2s not out yet.

Any more details on the comparison from Bike Mag???

Archived