Searching For Soft Tail Bags On 6th Gen. Vfr

Guest HondaGuy86

Guest HondaGuy86

I am looking for a set of soft tail bags for a 02' VFR. The only set I have seen upon searching forums has been the Cortech's which seem reasonably priced and look pretty good. I need some that are fairly easy to take on and off since I will only be using them for the occasional minor trip, or was wondering if it would just seem more reasonable to buy say a hiking bike pack with plenty of room to put a few clothes and other stuff in? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

I've been using this Cortec Sport tail bag for over a year and like it a bunch. Newenough.com has them for around $60.

gallery_301_289_165019.jpg

Nov. 12th 06 ride 003.jpg

• Member Contributer

Here's the Oxford Sport package... It's a very durable and feature loaded set. It's so expandable that I could spend days on the road. The tail pack and paniers come apart and the paniers are adjustable so I can change where they hang. I had no problems with heat from the stock exhaust.

This past April in Fl was the first time I ever used this as a set. I use the tankbag often though.

Feb19259.jpg

Feb19270.jpg

Feb19285.jpg

• Member Contributer

I do not have the motopak tailbags, but I have a tank bag and really like the features and construction.

I also have the cortech tail bag that Bailyrock uses and I really like it alot. It has zippers on boths sides and expands to about twice the size. I used it with a backpack for 5 days worth of clothes for Tmac this month

Thanks for all the input. I am going to be scanning the internet over the next few days for a deal on some luggage and now I at least have an idea of what to look for as well as what to expect after setup from seeing the pics. I live in Knoxville but just received a full scholarship to MTSU near Nashville so I will be moving there this Summer and coming back to Knox-vegas a weekend or 2 per month to see the family and the ol' lady which is only 2 and a half hour drive at speed limit so it'll be interesting to see what it'll be on the VFR :warranty: :thumbsup: .

But won't be making any cross country trips any time soon so just need something rather light for a couple sets of clothes and whatever else.

Thanks again for the input!

• Member Contributer

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24686

Nice thing about them is you can attach the base, to your seat, unzip the bag, and take it with you, without removing the seat.

I've been using this Cortec Sport tail bag for over a year and like it a bunch. Newenough.com has them for around $60.

gallery_301_289_165019.jpg

Nov. 12th 06 ride 003.jpg

just picked me up a new one on ebay for $50. will be here friday! thanks for all the input!

Archived