Elka Rear Shock - Possible Group Buy?

Rice

• Member Contributer

I came across Elka Suspension while looking for a rear shock for my 6th gen.

Of course, they don’t make one for the Viffer, but I still wrote to then in an effort to perhaps get a deal. SO, here is my exchange with a very nice sales person, Eric:

Me:

Do you guys make rear s hock for Viffer?

Eric:

Good day Dmitry,

Unfortunately, we do not built suspension for your model Honda VFR800.

I will keep your email on file and send you information as soon as it will be available.

Thanks for your interest!

Have a great day.

Eric St-Louis

Sales Representative

Me:

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply.

Just to let you know that I am a part of a very large VFR community (several thousand world wide) and practically all of us are looking for a good solution for a rear shock upgrade.

If you would consider manufacturing a VFR-specific shock, I believe that you would have a large customer base, especially if you can undercut Ohlins and Penske by a few $.

An even better idea would be offering a matching upgrade of fork internals with your rear shock. This would eliminate the guesswork from what we currently do and people would jump on this offer I am sure.

P.S.

I am willing to be your first test subject wink.gif

Best regards,

Dmitry

Eric:

Good day Dmitry,

Thank you for the information.

I have no doubt that there is a large VFR community just waiting to have good aftermarket suspension that will suit their needs, however the issue is not just demand, but concrete commitment that we will have buyers.

Elka is making large efforts to be present in the market for high quality, exceptionally performant motorcycles suspension, and are solicited everyday from passionate riders like you looking for better suspension, but we have put many hours and dollars into R&D in the past to develop suspension for customers only to later find out that they were not as committed to buying our products as they first declared. Due to this, we will only develop a suspension for the VFR if you can secure at least 10 VFR riders who are ready to commit to buying our products. The commitment would be in the form of a security deposit of 10% of the cost of the shock

If we were to do a group buy and secure 10 orders, we could reduce the list price by 15%. Below, I have included an idea of prices for you to look at with possible setups. If you believe you can secure more than 10 orders, then the price can be negotiated. The prices are as follows:

Elka 2 way adjustable w/reg adjustment - List Price $795: Group Buy $675.75

Elka 2 way adjustable w/Hydro adjustment - List Price $995: Group Buy $845.75

Elka 3 way adjustable w/reg adjustment - List Price $895: Group Buy $760.75

Elka 3 way adjustable w/Hydro adjustment - List Price $1095: Group Buy $930.75

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Eric St-Louis

Sales Representative

ELKA SUSPENSION INC.

1585-M, De Coulomb

Boucherville, Quebec

Canada, J4B 8J7

So, this is where it stands right now.

Just wanted to see if there was some interest in this deal.

A disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Eric or with Elka in any way and do not stand to gain from this deal if it ever happens.

I would like to get more info as I am in the market and would like to see a complete solution as you stated in your e-mail. A kit, Front setup matched to the rear, I would also like to better understand there setups.

what is the break down of this? Is the hydro a remote preload? Does this setup support ride height? I would be interested in the 3 way with a nice front fork setup.

Elka 2 way adjustable w/reg adjustment - List Price $795: Group Buy $675.75

Elka 2 way adjustable w/Hydro adjustment - List Price $995: Group Buy $845.75

Elka 3 way adjustable w/reg adjustment - List Price $895: Group Buy $760.75

Elka 3 way adjustable w/Hydro adjustment - List Price $1095: Group Buy $930.75

I have also been looking at the Ohlins and an AK20 kit from Traxxion Dynamics. Very good stuff, I have had a few setups from Max and teh boys all were rock solid. He is also a distributor of ELKA.

keep us posted as this progress's with time lines and how to proceed.

Thanks.

Are the prices in Canadian Dollars? If so, the exchange rate is currently about 12% in our favor.

If they aren't then it's basically the same as Ohlins pricing anyway...

• Member Contributer

Just got a responce from Elka regarding the currency.

The prices they quoted are in USD.

So, I guess they really are'nt giving such a good deal after all.

Oh well.. At least it was worth a try.

Just got a responce from Elka regarding the currency.

The prices they quoted are in USD.

So, I guess they really are'nt giving such a good deal after all.

Oh well.. At least it was worth a try.

Thanks for that! :goofy:

Archived