Honda Hard Bags Needed Asap!

VIAJERO_VFR

• Member Contributer

I am going to pick up a black '06 VFR this coming friday at a dealer in Texarcana, TX.

The hard bags were included in the price, but the dealer says he can't locate any at this time as when he phoned Honda they said the one's matching the '06 pearl black are on indefinate backorder.

I'll be driving the bike, after pick up, to Guadalajara, Mexico and would really like to have these bags for the trip.

Is anyone aware of a dealer somewhere who would have these in stock or have a set they'd like to sell?

I'm looking forward to learning a lot more here on the forum!

Cheers!

That's interesting. I just placed an order yesterday for a set of pearl black bags from my dealer, and he said nothing about a back order. I'll let you know what they say when I call for an update on Tuesday...

I doubt your dealer would be willing to order them from David Silver Spares in the UK but maybe if they refunded your purchace price for the bags, you could order them yourself?

Many folks have ordered them from the UK through DSS, and had them delivered to the CONUS for far less then the US Honda dealers were asking.

And sometimes in one week flat!!!

Only problem is, I don't know if they got the pearl cosmic black (bass boat colour) in the UK. (edit: yes they do, checked the Honda UK site and it's avaialble for '07)

Silver bags would look nice though.

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/

I just looked, they have silver bags for £175.00 which is $344 USD.

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/cgi-bin...%2005%20models)

OH WAIT! The £175.00 INCLUDES VAT (value added tax) which you should not be required to pay, as you are not a UK resident. That should be 17.5% LESS.

* UK VAT (Value Added Tax) is charged at 17.5%.

VAT is not charged to Non-EC areas such as USA, Japan, Norway, Canada, etc.

Excluding VAT and including shipping (estimated at ~ £55, that would be right around $400 US if my math is correct. Definetly email them!

EDIT - My bad, VAT is already EX-cluded!

No black ones listed, but then they're not listing the '07 bikes at all on DSS, so maybe they're just not up on the website yet.

• Member Contributer
That's interesting. I just placed an order yesterday for a set of pearl black bags from my dealer, and he said nothing about a back order. I'll let you know what they say when I call for an update on Tuesday...

BruceLaQuinta, thanks for the reply...are you also in Texas? I would imagine that some dealer in the US has these in stock.

VeeferCanuck,

I was thinking of the David Silver Spares site as an option but didn't see the pearl black colour bags there. I think it would be fairly hard to colour match the bags to the bike if I had to paint them so I'd rather find the originals.

Cheers!

• Member Contributer

(!) Eeeegads, remember, the price they list EXCLUDES the VAT. So 175 pounds is what you'll pay for the hard goods, plus shipping, plus import duties (if any)

VFR800 V-TEC : Accessory pannier set in Silver, Colour code NH-A30M (American/Canadian 05 models) £175.00 £175.00

Parts SubTotal (Excluding VAT): £175.00

Viajero,

Nope, not from Texas... SoCal. The parts guy said he had to check with the Honda warehouse in Los Angeles(?), and if they had them I would probably get the bags on Wednesday. I can only assume your dealer would have gone through the same channels, so I am anticipating the same answer you received. I'll let you know once I hear.

Regards.

Bruce

• Member Contributer
Viajero,

Nope, not from Texas... SoCal. The parts guy said he had to check with the Honda warehouse in Los Angeles(?), and if they had them I would probably get the bags on Wednesday. I can only assume your dealer would have gone through the same channels, so I am anticipating the same answer you received. I'll let you know once I hear.

Regards.

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

I talked to a couple other dealers in TX and AZ and they told me the same thing, that the black bags are on back order from Honda.

I talked to a dealer in Vancouver, Canada where I am at this moment and they said they should have them in the warehouse, so I'll keep you posted.

Cheers!

(!) Eeeegads, remember, the price they list EXCLUDES the VAT. So 175 pounds is what you'll pay for the hard goods, plus shipping, plus import duties (if any)

VFR800 V-TEC : Accessory pannier set in Silver, Colour code NH-A30M (American/Canadian 05 models) £175.00 £175.00

Parts SubTotal (Excluding VAT): £175.00

Right you are sir!

I must have been squinting. Or not squinting enough. Or summat. I dunno.

VeeferCanuck,

I was thinking of the David Silver Spares site as an option but didn't see the pearl black colour bags there. I think it would be fairly hard to colour match the bags to the bike if I had to paint them so I'd rather find the originals.

Cheers!

Well, as I mentioned before, the pearl black VTEC VFR IS available in the UK, I checked Honda's UK website.

DSS isn't listing ANY '07 VFR bits on their site yet, I assume they just haven't updated all areas of their website for the new model year yet.

I would certainly email them and see if they can quote you a price for the matching pearl black bags and also shipping to your ZIP.

You might be pleasantly surprised. I've read accounts from a few other riders who have gotten their bags from them and saved big bucks compared to the Honda dealer down the street.

(Although for the life of me, I can't fathom exactly HOW you can order something from halfway around the globe, have it put on an airplane, then a truck, and delivered to your door for less than the guy down the street who already has it at hand)

But as they say, numbers don't lie!

• Member Contributer
(!) Eeeegads, remember, the price they list EXCLUDES the VAT.
Right you are sir!

I must have been squinting. Or not squinting enough. Or summat. I dunno.

*cough cough* Canadian educashunal systemme *hem haw* ahem.... <_<

:P

For what it is worth, my local parts guy said the main Honda warehouse is expecting to receive the pearl black saddlebags on April 9th. To be continued...

• Member Contributer

I have a brand new set (never on a bike) sitting in my living room now collecting dust, I am very attached to them and like the look on my silver o3 better than matching silver bags , the black/silver theme I continued and put a pearl black 06 fender on upfront with a dark smoke zg screen, but money talks, I paid pretty close to the dealer price on these and not a great DSS price, but if they go on a forever backorder and you got a line on some silver 03 bags plus cash we may trade? Pm me , I really want to keep these as look excellent on bike but silver with some green paper inside also is nice/works, thanks Doug

UPDATE

Went to see my parts guy at lunch, now the black pearl bags are supposed to come in at the end of the month. He called the warehouse while I was there and was told they are still waiting for confirmation from the European distributor. Sounds like they are waiting on Givi?

The waiting game continues...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
UPDATE

Went to see my parts guy at lunch, now the black pearl bags are supposed to come in at the end of the month. He called the warehouse while I was there and was told they are still waiting for confirmation from the European distributor. Sounds like they are waiting on Givi?

The waiting game continues...

Hey Bruce,

That's interesting because I just talked to my dealer in Texas and he says there's still no word from Honda on an arrival date.

Keep me posted if you hear anything !

• 3 weeks later...

Dealer called today, there are in. Wasn't expecting them until later this month, so I was pleasantly surprised when they called. Picked 'em up after work and look forward to getting them installed this weekend. I'll post some pics once I'm done.

Bruce

• Member Contributer

Just got my hard saddlebags and do they ever look good!

I'll be installing tomorrow!~

Hope yours have arrived!!

Cheers

Archived