New Bridgestone Bt-002 Rs Aka Street Version Of Bt002

Stéphane

• Member Contributer

BT002 RS Descrition

Well, here's another curve ball into my tire needs. If you've read my review on the BT002 Type 3, you probably know that I loved those tires, except for one thing: not recommended in the rain.

Well, it appears that bridgestone has made a new version of the tire, and is made for the street/trackdays, and, according to them, is good in all weathers. (read press release from the link above).

With dual compound, the life span should also be increased. My rear tire Type 3 lasted 6 000 km, so maybe I can do 10 000 km?

Not so sure I want to try the conti Sport Attack anymore.

• Member Contributer

Ok, they are exactly what I thought: a street/track day tires that has more silica than the BT002 type 2, 3 and 4. They also have a harder compound on the center (which is needed for the rear) and medium for the front(after 6000km with my front BT002, there was no signs of wear/flatening, so I don't it was necessary).

So checked many online suppliers, none have them available. I guess by the time I'm ready to order (in April), there should be.

Anyone knows who has them?

Thanks,

SG

Looks like the street version of the BT002 will replace the BT012ss...

Competition Accessories is advertising them in April's Sport Rider. $98 for a front and $130 for a rear, not a bad price. They are not yet listed on the website so if they actually have them in stock, you'll have to call to get the deal (800)-543-4716. Enjoy!

• Member Contributer
Competition Accessories is advertising them in April's Sport Rider. $98 for a front and $130 for a rear, not a bad price. They are not yet listed on the website so if they actually have them in stock, you'll have to call to get the deal (800)-543-4716. Enjoy!

Thanks Dave,

that's what I am looking for.

I did check their website, and of course I didn't see it. I won't need them before May, so they may have them online by then.

Thank you very much,

SG

That's a killer price! Dealer on a set of 190/120 is $330!!!! Thats what I pay for Dunlop D209 Race tires! I get Bstone slicks for less!

• Member Contributer
I hope the turnin doesn't suck like the 014s. Any thoughts on the 002s?

I did a review on them (type 3), I love them. Nice triangular shape! I'll probably keep the front and buy a BT002rs for the rear.

I would need to hear a comparison to the Pilot Powers (turn in specifically and wear rate) and the 014s before I would buy them. Did you find that the 014s (if you have used them) turned in slowly?

Sounds like the 002s turn in faster if they have a triangular shape like you mentioned.

• Member Contributer

Those new tire sounds promising. Will wait to see some performance reviews. I tried a set of the BT014's a couple years ago and did not like them. Grip and stability were fine, but turn in was very slow and it made the bike feel as if there was added weight.

Pilot Powers or Pirelli Diablos....... :thumbsup:

Archived