Powered Tank Bag/battery Tender Socket

Guest TheAxeman

Guest TheAxeman

I know some guys like to run with powered tank bags and often use sockets like this ptb.jpg from POWERLET PRODUCTS but I was just adding a socket to the front of my FJR to plug the battery tender into and used this item instead. 1a51b26b0.jpg It is advertised as an RV Rooftop Connector and can be found HERE.

They look suspiciously similar don't they? The major differences being, the RV connector has a 10" lead coming off of it while the Powerlet socket has an SAE connector already attached and comes with the backing washer and screws. However, the RV connector is $5.00 and the Powerlet Connector is $25.00. I ended up finding a couple of screws and lock nuts in my toolbox and cut a backing washer out of an old Tide Detergent container. Thought this might get some farkling wheels turning.... wink.gif

I bought one of these, but never installed it! :goofy: Don't even use tank bags anymore!

By the way, thanks for your post! I was just logging on to try and find/remember the name of the place I bought all my kits and your post was #1. Powerlet !

• Member Contributer

My Powerlet setup on my tank bag works great. I charge my cell/ipod and also run power to my GPS. Hey baileyrock you looking to get your powerlet setup off your hands?

RINGO

Have a powerlet i've been meaning to install for about 2 months. Might actually do that before tmac. I do have the battery tender 2point connecter direct to battery that I have a cig lighter adapter for if I ever had to charge my phone or anything, never used it either =P Thats a neat idea for tank bag though.

My Powerlet setup on my tank bag works great. I charge my cell/ipod and also run power to my GPS. Hey baileyrock you looking to get your powerlet setup off your hands?

RINGO

Sure, I installed two other Powerlet's (front panel, side panel) and never plan to use it.

PM me about it! :goofy:

I went bucks up and got the Powerlet on my Marsee, been using it for quite some time, but then I've got $$$ to burn... don't you all? :rolleyes:

Seriously, make sure you get a good watertight seal when you put this in. I even went so far as to use some silicone seal on both sides of the mating surfaces even with the Powerlet, and then crank those screws down.

I've been in extended downpours on two long rides and the beginning of Hurricane Charley, and so far the Marsee/Powerlet combo has stayed completely dry on the inside, even without using that silly rain cover they give you. Throughout these monsoons wink.gif , all my electronic gadgets have stayed all nice, dry, and cozy... now when you open the zipper though to grab something while riding, well, that's another story... :unsure:

Archived