Hagon Shocks

tooslow

• Member Contributer

I just ordered a mono shock for my sixth gen. It is a Hagon manual adjusted set up for my weight 170# with gear.

My cost was 375$ from Dave Quinn Motorcycles.

They offered a remote adjuster for 535$

If max load is greater than 350# the price would increase to 435$ and 585$ remote.

No real bells and whistles but looks like it should get the job done.

• Member Contributer

I put a Hagon shock on my wife's 919......really made the bike a lot better for her. We kept it after she got rid of the bike. Nothing fancy, but well made, and they let me specify what spring rate I wanted............................... :thumbsup:

we put one on my little ladys kawi ninja 650R to lower it and it worked out great, she can reach the ground now and has been getting her parking lot time in :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
we put one on my little ladys kawi ninja 650R to lower it and it worked out great, she can reach the ground now and has been getting her parking lot time in :thumbsup:

My wife's shock also lowered her 919 by 30 MM................................ :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

I've heard that Hagons are more oriented towards stock replacement as opposed to performance. I think it depends on what model you are replacing. The quality is pretty from what I've heard.

• Member Contributer
I've heard that Hagons are more oriented towards stock replacement as opposed to performance. I think it depends on what model you are replacing. The quality is pretty from what I've heard.

Yep, just good "streetable" stuff. Best bang for the buck, and they'll rebuild em' later if necessary.................. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
Best bang for the buck, and they'll rebuild em' later if necessary.

From a value point of the view the Hyperpro shocks are better. They perform better and are higher quality. Of course, everything aftermarket is rebuildable but I think Hyperpro provides better customer service because they have a US office and not just a reseller.

Archived