Tank Bag

Guest Roma-VFR-05

• Member Contributer
One caution about leaving the tank bag on your bike: I've heard that it can damage the finish and paint if you leave a tank bag on all the time. You should probably at least take it off at the end of each day you ride.

My Marsee tank bag has been on for over 5 years, it only comes off for maintenance stuff or the twice yearly bike wash. The tank bag looks like crap but so far the paint is still perfect, as far as I can see.

• Member Contributer

I just read through the older postings of this thread. My smallish Wolfman tankbag stays on. Office Depot sells the self-seal, repositionable (Don't permanently adhere to things) laminating sheets. Let's see...looking at the pack now...made by GBC in Denmark and comes 5 to a pack. The sheets are letter size. Picture using these like that protective film you put on your digital camera screen or Palm handheld. Anyway, I cut some of these and slapped em on the tank in places where it looks like it would take some abrasion. $10 for the pack and they sell it over in the stationery section.

I would've posted some pics, but you can barely see the stuff. :salesman:

gallery_10538_2675_57829.jpg

EDIT: I thought I uploaded pics with this post, but I guess I haven't figured out this particular Forum program's features yet.

Rex

Holy $%@( thats huge.

damn! shorter riders wont be able to see over it. :beer:

Actually, when in the riding position I can easily see all of the instrument cluster. I'm 5'10"

The "Alpha" bag in the pic is a 30 liter unit, Bagster also offers a 37 liter model called the "Omega". In addition, they have a number of other smaller bags which all use the same mounts.

Rex

Archived