Givi Pl161 Tubular Side Mount... Mounting ?

Guest quema

I have a set of tubular Givi side racks for my 5g. I got them used. Put them on, scratched my rear cowl badly on both sides right by the franken-bolt. I think I am missing a piece of stock givi hardware... they are PL161's and are drilled out so that the franken-bolt passes straight through them... which is fine and tight as far as keeping the racks and bags close to the cowl... too close.

Does anyone out there have the old tubular side racks (PL161) that could throw up a photo of how it mounts to where the franken-bolt is? I would appreciate it.

• Member Contributer
I have a set of tubular Givi side racks for my 5g. I got them used. Put them on, scratched my rear cowl badly on both sides right by the franken-bolt. I think I am missing a piece of stock givi hardware... they are PL161's and are drilled out so that the franken-bolt passes straight through them... which is fine and tight as far as keeping the racks and bags close to the cowl... too close.

Does anyone out there have the old tubular side racks (PL161) that could throw up a photo of how it mounts to where the franken-bolt is? I would appreciate it.

Here's a pic. Ignore the silver spacers at the front and rear, those are there only to space out the rack to clear the high mount pipe I had at the time. The part you're looking for is the black spacer at the front, it along with a longer bolt, replace the frankenbolts on both sides. Actually, the short silver spacer at the front is the one Givi included in the kit to be used on the rear mount, hard to see on the left side because of the seat. Hope that helps.

med_gallery_7586_2466_249610.jpg

• Member Contributer

You can't order small parts from Givi. Once the weather clears up here, I'll measure mine and post the dimensions. This will be several days.

• Member Contributer

As some quick help, look at the frankenstein bolts and measure the step that goes through the side panel. You have to duplicate that for everything to work right.

• Member Contributer

Here's a pic. The bolts are 2 3/8", the black spacers 1 3/8" (main body without the shoulder) and the rear silver spacer 3/8". The racks don't look like they'd hold much but I loaded them pretty well and put on a lot of miles without problems. Good luck!

med_gallery_7586_2466_64142.jpg

• 8 years later...

Archived