929 Spacer

radar

• Member Contributer

I'm in the middle of installing my 929 shock and I am not sure what length of spacer I should go with, reading several threads it seems to vary between 38mm to 42mm. How should I go about determining this, and like a dummy I never thought to measure the height of the bike with the factory shock before I pulled it out. Thanks guys

• Member Contributer

Radar off the top of my head i dont recall the exact mm difference . If you still have the stocker just measure the difference between it and the 929 eye to eye. Thats the best I can do for now.

• Member Contributer
Well, according to the Ohlins site, your stock shock should be 325mm eye to eye.

And, according to the same site, the CBR shock should be 286mm.

Difference = 39mm.

I have read in your prior threads that you increased your rear ride height, what is the purpose of that...I know newbie question

I have read in your prior threads that you increased your rear ride height, what is the purpose of that...I know newbie question

It helps the bike turn in quicker and also gives you greater ground clearance. Also gives me more clearance for my underseat pipes.

Limitation is the (eventual) lower shock eye contacting the dogbone at full droop (check while on the centerstand). So make certain to maintain adequate clearance.

I think I've got about 4mm or so at full droop. Nothing touches at full extension.

See here:

gallery_554_564_46544.jpg

You could add a simple washer or two to your 39mm spacer as required to get your ride height up.

gallery_554_564_184304.jpg

It's notched for clearance on the framerail where the upper shock bolt goes into.

Don't forget to run more chain slack than the manual recommends as you will have more down angle on the swingarm and it will tighten up more under compression.

• Member Contributer

Thanks Rob, I will start with a 40mm spacer and go from there

PS If you make it to the edmonton bike show coming up I will be happy to buy you a beer :goofy:

Thanks Rob, I will start with a 40mm spacer and go from there

PS If you make it to the edmonton bike show coming up I will be happy to buy you a beer :goofy:

Going to be there Friday the 12th along with Safe-T! :thumbsup:

Archived