Givi's With Highmount Pipe (5th Gen)

Kuehn

• Member Contributer

I am planning on doing some longer touring two up next year and the soft luggage I have just isn't enough. I am looking for some advice on what setup can be used for a 5th gen with Two Bros high mount pipe.

Does anyone have a setup for hard luggage with a high mount on a 5th gen that could help me out?

Thanks in advance.

No experience there and I would guess you will not be able to use the high mount. I have motopak's GTS90's and they hold plenty of gear plus the three tier 35L tankbag....that is a lot of room. And IMHO the Givi's stick out like a wide butt.

• Member Contributer
I am planning on doing some longer touring two up next year and the soft luggage I have just isn't enough. I am looking for some advice on what setup can be used for a 5th gen with Two Bros high mount pipe.

Does anyone have a setup for hard luggage with a high mount on a 5th gen that could help me out?

Thanks in advance.

I've had a high mount Micron mounted with Givi hard bags, with the older style mounting rack. I can email pics if you're interested.

Mike

• Member Contributer

I have a Micron mid pipe with a D&D can and Givi E21's. There are pictures in my gallery, I really like the setup. If you have the oval TBR can I think that would work best. Let me know if you need any other pictures or information.

• 2 months later...
Thanks guys. It looks like the tubular style rack with spacers will do the trick.

Did it work??!! I just ordered a PL257 tubular rack and a set of Givi E41s this morning...I've got a 5th gen with Two Bros high-mount C5 (oval) pipe...just want to know how much pain to expect... :blink:

Did you have to have the FZ257 top rack also to install? Twisted Throttle web site says you do, but I've read posts that say you don't...?

thanks!

Thanks guys. It looks like the tubular style rack with spacers will do the trick.

Did it work??!! I just ordered a PL257 tubular rack and a set of Givi E41s this morning...I've got a 5th gen with Two Bros high-mount C5 (oval) pipe...just want to know how much pain to expect... :blink:

Did you have to have the FZ257 top rack also to install? Twisted Throttle web site says you do, but I've read posts that say you don't...?

thanks!

This is the answer I have been trying to find as well.

Did it work??!! I just ordered a PL257 tubular rack and a set of Givi E41s this morning...I've got a 5th gen with Two Bros high-mount C5 (oval) pipe...just want to know how much pain to expect... :goofy:

thanks!

I received an email from PGreen94 (thanks Pat!) that said he has the side rack/bags installed without the top rack. :thumbsup:

Did it work??!! I just ordered a PL257 tubular rack and a set of Givi E41s this morning...I've got a 5th gen with Two Bros high-mount C5 (oval) pipe...just want to know how much pain to expect... :goofy:

thanks!

I received an email from PGreen94 (thanks Pat!) that said he has the side rack/bags installed without the top rack. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the update, I thought that was the case (seriously no pun intended).

Archived