Nitrogen In Tires

2003_VTEC_Rider

It is a bunch of hype. Won't they don't tell you, is the lack of moisture in what they pump into your tires is the key. If you have a good compressor set up with a water vapor filter you get the same results.

Just another thing I want to add to the garage this winter. I wonder if I can sell it to my fiance. :D

They also just pull the stem most of the time and let the air out. Technically, you can't get all the air out of the tire without pumping it out, and if you did that, the bead would break on the rim, and air would just leak in anyway. The tire would still have to retain some of the air it in, at least to atmospheric pressure. There is not a "possible" way that you could have 100% Nitrogen in the tire without taking some extreme procedures to assure it.

Later,

Jeff

• Member Contributer

I'm using 78% nitrogen in my tires and it makes a huge difference. No more bent rims, no more crashes, no more ruined tires. The stuff is amazing! :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Will this ? ever die? :goofy: :goofy:

I was at the tire shop the other day (automotive) and there was an advertisement where they can fill your tires with nitrogen as opposed to compressed air. Thoughts?

Easy answer: Did they charge extra for this?

Archived