Qualifiers On 3rd Gen--sizes?

Guest Alleycatdad

Guest Alleycatdad

Any problem with the 120/60 and 170/60 qualifiers on the 3rd gen bikes? Stock are -70 ratio; 170/70 not available in the qualifer, though, so...

Thanks!

Steve

Any problem with the 120/60 and 170/60 qualifiers on the 3rd gen bikes? Stock are -70 ratio; 170/70 not available in the qualifer, though, so...

Thanks!

Steve

bump!

The 3rd gen has a 5 1/2" rear rim doesn't it, that's good for a 180/55. :blink:

bump!

The 3rd gen has a 5 1/2" rear rim doesn't it, that's good for a 180/55. :blink:

Thanks, and you're right....but...

The last thing I want to do is slow down the turn-in, though. I just want to see if the -60 series tires will work OK on the bike.

Steve

The stock size on a 3:rd geg. vfr is 120/70r17 front and 170/60r17 rear, as the 4:th gen. the 3:d has a 5,5 wide rear rim, the 4:th a 5 wide rear rim...

Thanks!

Steve

I'm running qualifiers on my 3rd gen

180/55 in the back

120/70 in the front

Great turn in, super sticky, and decent wear for the compound hardness.

I'll get another set of these when these are done.

If you want to go with the narrower tire you won't have any problems but why would you when you have a 6 inch rim in the back

L8 :unsure:

Thanks, Keny. I don't know when I started runnning the 170/70s, but its been a very long while.

I don't want to go to the 180 because its working REALLY well; finally got it dialed. Also, I have doubts my huggger will clear a 180...

Thanks all!

Steve

Archived