VFR Wheel Balancing Adaptor

Guest Riemski

Guest Riemski

Well I finally made my wheel balancing adaptor to use on my friends balancing setup. Follow link for pics and directions of the process we use. http://www.zx-12r.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php...hlight=pit+bull . I built this adaptor with precision and quality as the 2 main factors. I turned it out of billet aluminum on a CNC lathe and then on the CNC mill put in the bolt holes to accept the wheel studs. After that, I pressed in the center shaft on a press. I am sure it is overkill, but it should work great. I will be using it this Sunday to mount up my new Pilot Powers. If anyone is interested in one of these adaptors, I could probably make more for about $100. each. :huh:

gallery_771_1535_9665.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

VFR Wheel Adaptor 1.jpg

gallery_771_1535_62065.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

VFR Wheel Adaptor 2.jpg

• Member Contributer
Well I finally made my wheel balancing adaptor to use on my friends balancing setup.  Follow link for pics and directions of the process we use.  http://www.zx-12r.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php...hlight=pit+bull .  I built this adaptor with precision and quality as the 2 main factors.  I turned it out of billet aluminum on a CNC lathe and then on the CNC mill put in the bolt holes to accept the wheel studs.  After that, I pressed in the center shaft on a press.  I am sure it is overkill, but it should work great.  I will be using it this Sunday to mount up my new Pilot Powers.  If anyone is interested in one of these adaptors, I could probably make more for about $100. each.  :huh:   

gallery_771_1535_9665.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

VFR Wheel Adaptor 1.jpg

gallery_771_1535_62065.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

VFR Wheel Adaptor 2.jpg

Beautiful work! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliments. :huh:

As far as the cones go - I do not think they would work nearly as well as my adapter. I am working from the entire machined and true wheel hub center surface and bolting it to a perpendicular flange keeping it true to the axle. And the cones are working off of a sharp edge. How would you know if the wheel was held perpendicular to the axle? If the wheel is skewed in relation to the axle, I would think it would give you slightly different balancing results. I do not want to start calculating changes in force at different angles, but I am sure math would tell the story. Sure the cones get the job done, but I think my adapter would provide much more accurate and better results. Heck, I want nothing but the best. :D The reason I bought a VFR to begin with! :huh:

Archived