Rear Shock

Guest LOTP

I got my hands on a 1997 VFR August last year with only 3500 miles and wasn't long till I wanted to change things:

I have stuck Diablo Corsas on the front and back, Ohlins springs and oil in the forks, EBC pads, braided brake lines and cluth line and now want to change the rear shock.

Not too bothered about cost and wanted to know does anyone know where I can source a new Ohlins for my beastie? They are like hens teeth!!

Also approached Maxton and waiting for a quote.

Anyone got any thoughts or can point me in the direction of a unit?

Love the site. :thumbsup:

Try ebay.

I believe you can fit any CBR900 shock with no problems. Also the CBR929 shock can be fitted with some mods (search here).

So, look for Ohlins to suit CBR900/929 - and you can adapt it to the VFR.

CBR954 also fits, but not as well as CBR929.

Edit: 3500 miles??!! Wow... whatever you do, don't make it irreversible, the 94-97 is destined to be 'the' collectible VFR and with mileage like that you can't go wrong.

I got my hands on a 1997 VFR August last year with only 3500 miles and wasn't long till I wanted to change things:

I have stuck Diablo Corsas on the front and back, Ohlins springs and oil in the forks, EBC pads, braided brake lines and cluth line and now want to change the rear shock.

Not too bothered about cost and wanted to know does anyone know where I can source a new Ohlins for my beastie? They are like hens teeth!!

Also approached Maxton and waiting for a quote.

Anyone got any thoughts or can point me in the direction of a unit?

Love the site.  :thumbsup:

Where are you from. Also take a look for a Penske.

Rod

RMR Suspensions

Abbotsford BC

I would go with a Penske or Wilbers, both will build shock to suit your bike with spring for you weight etc.

The only thing not to bother about is ride height adjustment built into shock which does cost a fair amout extra. If you want to raise rear on your model the max is about a 3mm shim from standard shock length, then dog bone gets in way, so just shim it if needed.

I also wouldn't bother with remte preload unless you pillion then solo ride alot, because once setup for you then it doesn't get much adjustment other than extra weight like adding pillion.

Do get a 3 clicker & a remote for that :-)

Based in the UK but willing to get a shocked shipped in from anywhere (for reasonable costs).

Does anyone have any retailers they can recommend?

So far been stonewalled on the Ohlins unit - no longer produced. :pissed:

Waiting for a quote from Maxton.

Any ideas where I could find a Penske unit?

Suggestions most welcome.

Based in the UK but willing to get a shocked shipped in from anywhere (for reasonable costs).

Does anyone have any retailers they can recommend?

So far been stonewalled on the Ohlins unit - no longer produced. :beer:

Waiting for a quote from Maxton.

Any ideas where I could find a Penske unit?

Suggestions most welcome.

LOTP

Email me direct at RMR Suspensions. I am a suspension shop and I can help you out.

www.rod@rmrsuspensions.com

www.rmrsuspensions.com

Rod

Archived