Rimstripes

cpkelly

• Member Contributer

So I ordered some rimstripes from tapeworks and was just curious if anyone had some tips for putting them on?

If I like them I will post some pics....there is a chance I may hate them though but for $20 I figured I would give them a try.

My bike is a 2005 silver with the silver rims, so I thought I might try the metallic gold rimstripes. I know it may look cheesy but I thought it would be the only color that might look alright on the bike especially with the gold ABS brake calipers.

Thanks,

Chris

• Member Contributer
So I ordered some  rimstripes from tapeworks and was just curious if anyone had some tips for putting them on?

If I like them I will post some pics....there is a chance I may hate them though but for $20 I figured I would give them a try.

My bike is a 2005 silver with the silver rims, so I thought I might try the metallic gold rimstripes.  I know it may look cheesy but I thought it would be the only color that might look alright on the bike especially with the gold ABS brake calipers.

Thanks,

Chris

I've seen 'em in person on a CBR (Silver/black F4i, black wheels, white stripe) and they look pretty good. I've thought about getting the "VFR" stripes for my baby in a bright reflective blue or white. Not worth my trouble, after all is said and done, though. Do post up pictures after you finish, though! :pissed:

• Member Contributer

Pull the paper backing off and the plastic protective film off, so that you are only applying the sticker. Makes it much easier to get your lines straight. They look good, but my best advice is to just take your time and get the rim really clean.

gallery_4338_691_77028.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

CleanVFR008.JPG

There is an idea for the tape that you will have left over.

Archived