Top Box Brackets - over Pillion Seat location

KanadianKen

IMG_0271.jpg

I've hooked up with a steel fabricator/manufacturer that will make me up some sets of the Top box brackets that I have on my 02.

For now - there is a "prototype" set made that I have yet to look at, but I'm sure the quality is excellent. These brackets fit on top of the grab handles on a 6th Gen, and allow you to mount a GIVI type base plate to it - and then the topbox that mounts to the base.

The brackets allow the seat and cowl to be removed without having to take the brackets off - access to tool kit, battery - etc - is unaffected.

Looks something like this:

IMG_0466.jpg

The benefit of this set up is that the weight of the topbox and contents is now repositioned above the pillion seat - versus hanging out back with the standard rack setup. The downside to this bracket set up is that you lose the pillion seat. For me it isn't an issue.

Here's a couple shots of the raw brackets from my mod of last year. These brackets were not yet cleaned up and painted. The ones I'm having made will be painted gloss black, or will be powder coated - not sure of the cost on powder coating.

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

I'm trying to gauge interest so I can plan on how many sets to build. The brackets will not have drill holes for the base plates - as I do not want to "commit" that every user will have a GIVI system. This shouldn't be a problem, as it is simply a matter of attaching the brackets, laying the base plate on the brackets, marking the holes and then drilling them.

Price is $83.00 USD including shipping in Canada or the USA. Other countries I'll be happy to get you actual shipping prices. (Base price for the brackets is $75.00USD - but to make it simple I added in $8.00 for shipping).

IF you are interested in a set, please let me know. I have heard from two members in the last two days that want a set, so I thought I'd post this up for any others.

Thanks!

Ken

SEE THE FULL THREAD AND FINISHED PRODUCT AT :

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...st&p=361551

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum CEO

IMG_0271.jpg

I've hooked up with a steel fabricator/manufacturer that will make me up some sets of the Top box brackets that I have on my 02.

For now - there is a "prototype" set made that I have yet to look at, but I'm sure the quality is excellent. These brackets fit on top of the grab handles on a 6th Gen, and allow you to mount a GIVI type base plate to it - and then the topbox that mounts to the base.

The brackets allow the seat and cowl to be removed without having to take the brackets off - access to tool kit, battery - etc - is unaffected.

IMG_0466.jpg

The benefit of this set up is that the weight of the topbox and contents is now repositioned above the pillion seat - versus hanging out back with the standard rack setup. The downside to this bracket set up is that you lose the pillion seat. For me it isn't an issue.

Here's a couple shots of the raw brackets from my mod of last year. These brackets were not yet cleaned up and painted. The ones I'm having made will be painted gloss black, or will be powder coated - not sure of the cost on powder coating.

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

I'm trying to gauge interest so I can plan on how many sets to build. The brackets will not have drill holes for the base plates - as I do not want to "commit" that every user will have a GIVI system. This shouldn't be a problem, as it is simply a matter of attaching the brackets, laying the base plate on the brackets, marking the holes and then drilling them.

Price is $83.00 USD including shipping in Canada or the USA. Other countries I'll be happy to get you actual shipping prices. (Base price for the brackets is $75.00USD - but to make it simple I added in $8.00 for shipping).

IF you are interested in a set, please let me know. I have heard from two members in the last two days that want a set, so I thought I'd post this up for any others.

Thanks!

Ken

• 1 year later...
Guest Dualcert

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

Thanks!

Ken

The following link is broken as of 07/20/08

Guest Dualcert

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

Thanks!

Ken

The following link is broken as of 07/20/08