Trying to locate RAM mount 19mm expansion plug

Guest vfrrocky

Guest vfrrocky

I'm looking for a fairly unique RAM mount solution for my Garmin GPS 376C for my '98 Superhawk. Due to the steering damper on that bike, I cannot use the common front gas tank mount that most VFR owners use. About the only space that's clear to use (believe I've tried everywhere) is the 19mm steering stem hole.

I have a 19mm Stemstand for a different application, and it will not work for this particular application, so that's not an option. What I am looking for is a 19mm RAM expansion bolt. I found an example of it as #3 HERE. Further, but not exhaustive, searching revealed one store in Canada that sells the 19mm expansion plug. Shipping is kind of steep to the US, so I'm hoping someone here has a source to buy from in the US. Here's a link to the Canadian store: Scroll down to the 'Motorcycle Mounting' section, it is item #CA-GCEP19

CA-GCEP19

Rubber Expansion Plug Adapts RAM-B-252 and RAM-B-272 to many motorcycles with a 19mm steering spindle hole $19.95 CAD

Can anyone help me to find this in the US?

Thanks,

Troy

Guest maltnhops
Can anyone help me to find this in the US?

Thanks,

Troy

I'm looking for the exact same part. I found smaller ones at my local Ace Hardware. I think I'll stop in again tomorrow and ask if they can order a larger one. They were not very expensive.

That's my Ninja 250 at the top of the page you linked to. :-)

You say you cannot use the gas tank mount; the bolt spread on the tank is the same as for the clutch lever/master cylinder on the VFR, and that's what I use; perhaps it's the same on your Superhawk?

Payne

vfr_ram.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

I ended up not needing that particular mount. I used a RAM mount that instead uses a strap clamp on the fork leg. It works extremely well.

Troy

• 9 years later...

Short story!

I found the expansion plug kit on this website for $8

http://www.gpscheap.com/showproduct.aspx?productid=10172&affiliateid=10075&gclid=CjwKEAjw3sKpBRDJ7rDqzsyuhDASJACZAikiNJ9eqhr1X2Enp7Q2XQaC-SsH2vxlyVo9pXLExonsCxoCUzDw_wcB

Long story!

What I really wanted to do is to find a rubber expansion plug from a hardware store and have a DIY project. I am sure I could have created a plug that is going to be stronger. Then I was going to post that DIY steps here and everyone will be happy. However, after one day of searching I found a website that will send me the kit.. it's easier...

Archived