Touching up some scratches...

Guest DIzingS2k5

Guest DIzingS2k5

Hey guys,

This is my first bike and I now need to know how to touch up some scratches....

What happened was I parked in my driveway and forgot to put the kickstand down for the first time and I was halfway off the bike when it started to fall on me.. I wasnt able to hold it up and I ended up just setting it on the ground until I got a better hold if it and picked it up.

The damage: Nicked L mirror, Fairing scratches, and bent clutch lever. I have a clutch lever on the way, the mirror Im not worried about... BUT

I NEED to touch up the fairing, I cannot stand looking at the fairing like this.. Its maybe a group of scratches 1in wide by 1in tall.... Its down and to the right of the Left radiator on the fairing.

I just want to know what the best way would be to get these scratches out. They are almost completely through the paint(from my uneducated judgement)... I bought paint touch up markers from colorrite.com and a clearcoat marker also. I also have available NXT generation wax w terrycloths...(thats what I use to wax the bike)...

So how should I do this?? :o

Thanks,

Dustin

With a pic or two I can walk you through it. Until then, wash the entire bike with a warm dish-soap water mix, Dawn or Joy work best. Then take a pic and post it.

You are washing to remove the wax, it will help the paint adhere.

• Member Contributer

You first speed,...I'll just post links.

• Member Contributer

Be it known! YOU ARE the man, Seb! LOL.

Damn, Dustin, didn't even get your bug buster, yet. LOL. Honestly, I'm sorry to hear that. You do have an advantage. SILVER. Blends much better than red. Post pics! That will help us to help you.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...695&hl=touch-up

For the love of god. CYCLE COLOR! .

Forget Color Wrong!

Been sailing with the captan, too long today. Can't find the others. (there's a couple).

Semi-Thread Jack ...? What is the best way to remove fine scratches in the stock windscreen?? Is there a very fine polish that can do the job?

Or should I:? Replace it?? Paint the inside surface black?? Fill it full of holes with my Beretta?

Any suggestions?

Do a web search for Novus plastic polish. You will need No. 2 of their 3-part system.

EDIT: here's a couple links:

http://www.noscratch.com/novus/number2.shtml

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_cata...Id=41908&mmyId=

Okay guys,

Ill take a couple pics of the bike and Ill post them or email them to you guys. Ill have them by Monday.

Ill be sure to get all angles and such..

thanks for the help so far,

-Dustin

Btw, Looks like Im not the only one whos done this...

Archived