OEM Coloured Fuel Tank Bolts

Guest MDP

Has anybody purchased these OEM coloured fuel tank bolts?? What I'm really interested in is what colour of red these bolts actually are...is it the darker red (e.g. 2002-2003 bikes) or the lighter Honda racing red (e.g. 2004-2005 bikes)? The link makes them look like they're a darker shade of red than my 05' is but I'm not certain?

Thanks for your feedback.

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/cgi-bin...k%20cap%20bolts

• Member Contributer
Has anybody purchased these OEM coloured fuel tank bolts??  What I'm really interested in is what colour of red these bolts actually are...is it the darker red (e.g. 2002-2003 bikes) or the lighter Honda racing red (e.g. 2004-2005 bikes)?  The link makes them look like they're a darker shade of red than my 05' is but I'm not certain?

Thanks for your feedback.

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/cgi-bin...k%20cap%20bolts

I just painted mine using model paint. What's it called, Testors I think? They have a color that is pretty darn close to VFR Red, but I forget the number. After painting, I installed using plastic wrap between the allen wrench and the bolt head. Didn't want to damage all that hard work in the first second of use!

gallery_913_274_53753.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

New Gas Cap

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

check with a company called Pro Bolt, I think thats it anyway. they are distributed by Street Fighters in Truckee, California. They have bolts for every application on a bike, made out of Titanium and anodized.

Thanks for the reference fellas, their website has proven to be very informative. And I'm happy that these guys have some Canadian distributors too!

Archived