‘98 VFR front brake issue

Have an issue regarding threshold braking…..when applying the front brakes really hard as in a panic stop or just coming down a steep hill to a stop sign - the bike wants to lean to the right at very last 10’ of travel before coming to a stop. 

I was possibly thinking that the L/F caliper may be in need of attention?? 

Pads are sufficient and even. 

Another rider suggested I pull the r/f caliper off and see if the l/f caliper works - it does. As it does if I reverse the test. 

So I kinda stumped what could be happening….

Thoughts?

• Member Contributer

You may be leaning on the right bar harder, creating countersteering, and steering right. 

• Member Contributer
17 hours ago, Ctvfr said:

the bike wants to lean to the right at very last 10’ of travel before coming to a stop. 

It's never a bad idea to perform some routine maintenance on your brakes. But I am very dubious that you problem is caused by one side of your front brakes being less effective than the other. From the early '70's most disc-braked bikes had so on only one side, and many current bikes are the same. If there was a significant torque reaction it would have been noticed by now.