RapidBike Wiring Harness

Morados

Does anybody know if the RapidBike evo/racing wiring harness for the VFR800F Gen8 will fit the VFR800X Crossrunner 2017?

It seems it has a different SKU number 

F27-ER-109 and F27-ER-093

I cant seem to find the specific wiring harness for my Crossie but I do find it for the gen8 Interceptor and I thought the Gen8 share the same wiring loom anyway? Or are there differences?

I did ask, I got a short and vague reply that I should just stick with the wiring harness specific for my crossrunner bike even though the engine and ecu/ecm should be exactly the same,

the problem is, They don’t produce these wiring harness anymore and I cant seem to find them anywhere but I do find the ones for Interceptors gen8

That is why I want to know if the wiring loom for the gen 8’s crossie and interceptor are the same? And that the wiring harness difference is maybe just the lengths for the cables and not the sockets etc.

• Member Contributer

That's great customer service.

Good luck.

The connections may all be the same, but if the subframes are different then the wiring lengths could very well be different due to different routing. 

Be aware, if you decide to buy one and rework it to fit your bike, RapidBike will not help you once you modify the parts. At least, not RapidBike USA. 

If you are within riding distance of a RB dealer, you should go there personally and ask them to offer a trial fit of the Interceptor part and/or ask them to make a factory made harness for your specs. 

I would gladly rework it to fit my bike as I am now out of luck on my search for wiring loom for my Gen 8 Cross, Even for the interceptor gen 8 is nowhere to be found, Maybe the gen 6 cable will do if ecm sockets and sensors are the same

6 hours ago, Morados said:

I would gladly rework it to fit my bike as I am now out of luck on my search for wiring loom for my Gen 8 Cross, Even for the interceptor gen 8 is nowhere to be found, Maybe the gen 6 cable will do if ecm sockets and sensors are the same

If you're going to go that far, you can buy a spare VFR harness and steal the connectors you need for your install. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SEBSPEED said:

If you're going to go that far, you can buy a spare VFR harness and steal the connectors you need for your install. 

I thought of just buying a rapidbike wiring harness of a gen 6 and  stripping and extending the wires myself.

I did a quick search for a engine wiring loom but I saw a very steep price of around 450 exc tax and shipping for my Xrunner for the whole mess of wires, but that does not include the connection to my RB Racing module so I have to strip that from somewhere,

that wil be my last option though

but thanks for giving me some options 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Problem solved, got a hold of a rapidbike racing wiring loom from spain for VFR800F and it fits 1:1 on my X even though not listed on dimsport lisiting, got it running fine