Finding panniers

VetteJim

• Member Contributer

How hard is it to find panniers for our 7th gen VFR's?  And approximately what should I expect to pay?  Seems like they are pretty hard to find and when you do they are very expensive.  Just looking for general recommendations.  Also are most of them found in Europe or US?

Thanks, Jim

• Member Contributer

What color are you looking for?  The US colors of red, blue and black are still available.  Blue is cheaper and black is the most expensive.  

Some of the overseas colors are still available.  Fowlers in the UK has a very easy to navigate site.  https://us.fowlersparts.co.uk/

The exchange rate is bad for us at the moment, so the prices at Fowlers are high.  I have found that getting the parts numbers for fairings from Fowlers, and then ordering from Japan works well.  The site in Japan I have used multiple times is https://japan.webike.net/

Webike's site is a bit harder to navigate when browsing for available parts.  That's why I find the part number on Fowlers and then plug it into the Webike site.  

Webike ships super fast and you have to pay extra for that.  However, the exchange rate between the US and Japan is so good for us that the total price is typically reasonable.  I have even found the price on some parts that are available at Partzilla can be cheaper when ordered from Webike and shipped over the Pacific.  

DHL is by far the best shipper they use.  They are even sometimes the cheapest.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer

I am looking for Red.  I didn't find any on either of those sites.  Fowlersparts has them listed but they are unavailable.  I couldn't find them on Webike.

image.thumb.png.8a85612b1561732fcc0a102ffbbde164.png

• Member Contributer

Honda sourced its panniers from Givi, but the mounting "design" may ve specific for Honda. I dont know.

• Member Contributer
22 hours ago, vfrgiving said:

Wouldn't the Givi V35 work?  In the photo for the 267FZ rear rack they show V35 panniers attached too.

https://giviusa.com/collections/vfr1200f-10-15/products/267fz-specific-rear-rack

Looks like they just carry the tail bag and not the panniers.  Thanks

• Member Contributer
23 hours ago, vfrgiving said:

Are those panniers in the photo not the V35?  It definitely looks like them.  https://giviusa.com/collections/monokey-side/products/v35na-34ltr-monokey-side-cases

Hmm..  I don't know.  I emailed them and asked.  Previously I emailed them and asked if they made a set that fits the VFR1200F and they said no.

• 4 weeks later...

About 3 months ago, I checked on Honda Spare Parts dealership in Muscat, they quoted me USD 990 with shipping and taxes included (too expensive for me).

My bike pre-came with a really-ugly-mounted Studds side panniers and top box when I bought it last year. The ugly thing was they occupy the passenger seat and block the passenger footrests. But I had an idea to restore them.

After did some research, I found GIVI 267FZ specific rear rack, and slapped it to my bike. It came with side grip handles, but then I removed it for mounting that Studds side panniers.

The panniers have metal racks. For each side of the rack, I drilled only a hole between the 2 long slots. Then, I mounted the panniers racks on the rear rack side grip handle positions, and mounted the side panniers. I gave a test with my wife, she said she sits comfortable and her foot was resting comfortably on the passenger pegs. I didn't cut the excess protruding forward panniers rack since it is not bothering her, but can be done if required.

Although they are a bit jiggly when I pushed them/on bumps, I never have any issue with them during my ride (120km/h max highways) either on the bike stability/passenger comfortability. Now I have almost 9000 km with the setup.

Costs (without shipping):

- GIVI 267FZ: USD 75

- Studds side panniers: USD 105

Total: USD 180

Better than no side panniers and saves my money for other modifications.

Here are some pics:

20231210_160151.thumb.jpg.11616560511de94dc1c23c75f860eafc.jpg

20231210_160203.thumb.jpg.6192d4670a4f6b1a3f10f6bb1dd5cc2a.jpg20231210_160236.thumb.jpg.f458f6401e37df37496227c6ac1f771d.jpg20231210_160231.thumb.jpg.e8a24c1465ee437501f5a391388b6e20.jpg20231210_160219.thumb.jpg.1aa2803b407791f410b9a1119d57c801.jpg

• Like 1