Shindengen SH650A-12?

RedPanda

Hello All

This is my first question on VFRWorld! 🙂 woo hoo 

I've bought a 2003 VFR and am enjoying working on it very much. It appears mine has a reg/rec marked as SH650A-12 3.3

is this a change out before it goes up in smoke? Or is it a keeper?

Thanks in advance 

RP

• Like 1

Hi 🙂

Thanks for your input, it's appreciated.

The wiring looks standard to me. I have searched and searched for a definitive answer about which Reg/Rec to go for...some say FF and some RR.

There an RR882 with backing plate on online I could buy but it's £155. If the SH650 isn't one that will go up like a firework when I'm miles from home at night in heavy rain, I'll keep it and save my money. I admit I am very confused by the whole topic.

Thanks again

RP

I have just got a genuine FH020AA on ebay UK and am just now buying the wiring and a connector kit. I like the idea of building the wiring myself...I find it very meditative 🧘‍♀️ 😀 

I still don't know what exact type of reg/recs the RR882 or SH847 are just that it be okay with the FH020AA which is a definite MOSFET type with all the benefits. Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

On ebay UK there's a place that sells small pieces of aluminium plate for a reasonable price, so that's the next purchase.So a backing plate can be made.

I'm sure this is all an old story to the majority here but it's enjoyable to me as a Nooby VFR800 2003 owner. I wonder how much Mello Dude would charge Inc postage to the UK for one of his backing plates?

Hi 👋 

That looks great. So good in fact I'm hoping to get one soon. Thanks mello dude.

Here's a question...I'm wondering whether I  should put some CPU heat paste in between the mounting plate and the FH020AA.

What do you guys think?