Anyone have a good tune?

Csper

Question

Just bought a dynojet power commander 6 today and was wondering if anyone had a particularly good tune for the 8th gen or if i should just use the one provided by dynojet with the aftermarket slip on. Would like to tune it myself a little bit as i get more familiar with it and add more parts down the road like shorter velocity stacks and new air filter. Im trying to get a performance tune with a degree or two of timing on the safe side and im ok with a bit more fuel usage but not crazy. Even if someone has an aggressive tune id like to compare it with what dynojet offers. If anyone has more information than me id very much appreciate it.

4 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

I thought only the PC2 could adjust ignition timing. That's what I have for my 98 and when I got a custom map done, in 2002, the ignition was advanced (I think!)

Don't know for sure about later versions but I remember reading that they can't, hopefully someone will know.

10 hours ago, gropula said:

Can the power commander 6 adjust timing on 8th gen? What about previous gens? Does it need the separate ignition module?

I think they've had timing since the pcV, but i know they have it on the 6

Just installed my power commander 6 yesterday with the tune from dynojet, and so far i love it. Smoothed out the throttle at low speed, not nearly as much off/on throttle. In addition, the mid range has much more power available and vtec transition has been smoothed out very nicely. In terms of gas mileage i wouldn't recommend this tune for touring purposes, the stock tune is just fine for that, but for street fun and commuting duty it works very nicely, gas mileage at 70 in 6th was about 56-8, starts dropping off after that down to 40ish at 80. Anyways I found it very much worth the money and would recommend this to other vfr owners.

Archived