Start Issues with VFR800X 2016

Hello everyone i got A problem with my VFR
Sometimes  when i try to turn on my moto it doesnt start and it needs some throttle to turn on, after this when she is on its going to stop working and the rpms go really low.

Last time this thing happent i also had my check engine light on and my traction off!! The sound of the engine is like a cilynder doesnt work until it gets hot to start work normally!

What the hell is going? Whenever this starts and try to go to my engineer she gets hot and then everything is fine like this never happent!!

I found 1 more guy have this issue but still no solutions!!

Anyone had something like this?

Thanks in advance!

PS: Before a week i replaced my spark plugs with new ones and my battery replaced before 2 years!

• Member Contributer

You should have a look at what Fi Fault codes might be stored. Go through the process of reading any stored fault code, its mentioned in the Service Manual.

Did this problem happen After replacing the spark plugs OR Before replacing the spark plugs?

NOTE - It appears your bike (2016 model) may NOT display a Fault Code and the Fi Light will just remain ON. To read a fault code, you need to apply the Service Check Shorting link to the Data Link Connector! See the table attached for AFTER 2016 - PGM-Fi for OBD.

Have a good read of section 4 of the Service Manual, take note of information for 2016 models.

You can download the Service Manual from the forum.

2014 VFR800F/2015 VFR800X Service Manual https://www.vfrdiscussion.com/index.php?/files/file/271-2014-vfr800f2015-vfr800x-service-manual/

Screenshot_20230510_120412_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

6 hours ago, Grum said:

You should have a look at what Fi Fault codes might be stored. Go through the process of reading any stored fault code, its mentioned in the Service Manual.

Did this problem happen After replacing the spark plugs OR Before replacing the spark plugs?

NOTE - It appears your bike (2016 model) may NOT display a Fault Code and the Fi Light will just remain ON. To read a fault code, you need to apply the Service Check Shorting link to the Data Link Connector! See the table attached for AFTER 2016 - PGM-Fi for OBD.

Have a good read of section 4 of the Service Manual, take note of information for 2016 models.

You can download the Service Manual from the forum.

2014 VFR800F/2015 VFR800X Service Manual https://www.vfrdiscussion.com/index.php?/files/file/271-2014-vfr800f2015-vfr800x-service-manual/

Screenshot_20230510_120412_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

It happent twice before i replace my spark plugs but it happent again before some days with the new ones!! Ill go to my Honda dealership to check if they can do something!

Thank you!!!

Archived