Regulator / Rectifier Upgrade (SH847)

toreckman

• Member Contributer

I put a Road Cycle 847 on my 6th gen.  Generally it is fine, returning 14.6v - until things get warm.  A hot day and / or idling in traffic I'm getting battery voltage, and that's with HID's in place of the OEM headlights.  Even revving up past 5,000 rpm or so does not change the voltage.  Once moving again and it cools down a bit, things return to normal.  Not really a big deal unless stuck in a montster trafic jam.  Then it seems a dead battery isn't far off.    Jack says "eh, it's your stator".  Well, let's see, the issue didn't exist until I made the swap and the stator has less than 10,000 miles on it.  Anyone else with a Roadster Cycle 847 having this issue? 

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
40 minutes ago, Cogswell said:

I put a Road Cycle 847 on my 6th gen.  Generally it is fine, returning 14.6v - until things get warm.  A hot day and / or idling in traffic I'm getting battery voltage, and that's with HID's in place of the OEM headlights.  Even revving up past 5,000 rpm or so does not change the voltage.  Once moving again and it cools down a bit, things return to normal.  Not really a big deal unless stuck in a montster trafic jam.  Then it seems a dead battery isn't far off.    Jack says "eh, it's your stator".  Well, let's see, the issue didn't exist until I made the swap and the stator has less than 10,000 miles on it.  Anyone else with a Roadster Cycle 847 having this issue? 

Never had an issue charging with a SH847 under any condition. The heat doesn't really affect them in my experience.

I'd be looking at your stator voltages when it's hot. Also make sure it doesn't develop continuity to ground when hot.

• Thanks 1