CCT Part number differences?

RPEker

Can anyone tell me which part number I want to order for the CCT's on my 2003?  Partzilla lists both a 14520-MCW-003 and -013 as applicable(#6), is the -013 a newer or revised part number and is it preferred over the -003? 

image.thumb.png.cf1617468a4a977ff8af1d2c993f05a8.png

4 hours ago, Grum said:

The -013 replaces the -003.

Any idea what changed?  I assume a stronger spring 🤷‍♂️

On 8/27/2022 at 5:22 PM, VFR78 said:

More  reliable, I hope.

I ordered the -013 hoping it clears up the rattle issue in the motor, it should arrive this weekend. 

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, RPEker said:

I ordered the -013 hoping it clears up the rattle issue in the motor, it should arrive this weekend. 

Good Luck hope it has a positive effect on removing the noise, its certainly an item that needs to be isolated. I sure hope the previous use of a manual tensioner has never been over tightened causing any internal damage! 

• 4 months later...
On 9/1/2022 at 4:34 AM, Grum said:

Good Luck hope it has a positive effect on removing the noise, its certainly an item that needs to be isolated. I sure hope the previous use of a manual tensioner has never been over tightened causing any internal damage! 

I ended up installing a new (used) engine in the bike last weekend and only have a few more things to button up, once the bike is finished and back on the road I plan on tearing down the old engine to find out what exactly was going on with it.  

Archived