Bolt Torque for T-Rex Sliders?

joecbr

Hi - I'm new to the forum and the VRF. I just sold my 2017 GSX-S1000 for a new 2014 VFR800 standard model, white.  Could not find a deluxe.  OTD price was $6499.  It was a big transition, but I think the VFR will be more 'comfortable' for a 70 year old.  At any rate, I want to install the T-Rex frame sliders and was wondering if anyone could tell me the torque specifications for the bolts.  The limited instructions provided by T-Rex only gave general torque specs for M10 bolts and recommended consulting the service manual.  The new design has only two bolts so there is no need to touch the fairing.

BTW I need to complement T-Rex on their customer service.  They originally sent me the black sliders although I had requested the white lettering.  One phone call and the correct sliders were in the mail with a return label for the black ones within 1 hour of my call!  Amazing. 

I loved it.  It was super fast and smooth.  Probably the best/fastest street motor I've ever ridden, and I've owned a 2012 Hyabusa and 2 Blackbirds. My main problem was it just didn't have good luggage options and I use my bike for transportation.  That plus the ease at which it would lift the front wheel, combined with my 70 year old reflexes, made me realize it was only a matter of time before I got in trouble.  As I implied, the VFR is much more mellow and docile and somewhat sedate in comparison.  I just settle back and enjoy the ride on the VFR, although I'm learning it can be somewhat deceptively fast....  The GSX-S was so responsive to every throttle input it was almost intoxicating.  I could rarely just sit back and cruise...  :squid:

46 minutes ago, joecbr said:

I loved it.  It was super fast and smooth.  Probably the best/fastest street motor I've ever ridden, and I've owned a 2012 Hyabusa and 2 Blackbirds. My main problem was it just didn't have good luggage options and I use my bike for transportation.  That plus the ease at which it would lift the front wheel, combined with my 70 year old reflexes, made me realize it was only a matter of time before I got in trouble.  As I implied, the VFR is much more mellow and docile and somewhat sedate in comparison.  I just settle back and enjoy the ride on the VFR, although I'm learning it can be somewhat deceptively fast....  The GSX-S was so responsive to every throttle input it was almost intoxicating.  I could rarely just sit back and cruise...  :squid:

I know that feeling, my triumph street triple was the same. Switched to vfr for same reasons as you and 65 years. Have also ridden the suzuki and was impressed but not for my needs.

i have the sliders but don't know the torque, just did them up firmly similar to undo force. Good sliders and I dropped it onto concrete with minimal damage. Good luck

• Member Contributer

I'm not even 35 yet, but I sold my Street Triple R for similar reasons.

Loving the new 8th gen VFR though. Matches my 5th :D

Honda says 32 ft.lb. I'm an over achiever, and take them to 35. Light coating of moly grease first, as one of the tapped holes needed ran through a couple times. 

Archived