Is my bike too &@#%ing loud?

• Member Contributer
On 5/21/2017 at 1:52 PM, Superballs said:

Please teach me.

Teach you what?  How to ride like a pussy?  Just watch my motovlog - link in my sig :tongue:   Gonna try to get a new GoPro vid uploaded later tonight of our little groupride on the Daytona Loop.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since we're talking about ear pro, I'd like to *plug* (hurr hurr hurr) deep impression molds. 

For $100-ish will get you professionally fitted and molded deep-canal plugs rated for about a 24db reduction. This is important because: 

-The noise environment in a helmet at highway speeds is about 96-106dbs

-OSHA industrial sanitation requirements for hearing is 85dbs sustained noise environments obligates the use of hearing protection. 

Deep canal plugs will protect you from hearing loss. As an air traffic controller and OSHA rep for my union, hearing is essential for my job. One already loses hearing due to natural senescence. And once it's gone, it don't come back. Why rush things? 

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post other businesses up in here, so let me know or shoot me a PM and I'll set you up with some quality small business owners that would love the work. 

• Member Contributer
On 5/27/2017 at 0:25 AM, SubjectArc said:

Since we're talking about ear pro, I'd like to *plug* (hurr hurr hurr) deep impression molds. 

For $100-ish will get you professionally fitted and molded deep-canal plugs rated for about a 24db reduction. This is important because: 

-The noise environment in a helmet at highway speeds is about 96-106dbs

-OSHA industrial sanitation requirements for hearing is 85dbs sustained noise environments obligates the use of hearing protection. 

Deep canal plugs will protect you from hearing loss. As an air traffic controller and OSHA rep for my union, hearing is essential for my job. One already loses hearing due to natural senescence. And once it's gone, it don't come back. Why rush things? 

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post other businesses up in here, so let me know or shoot me a PM and I'll set you up with some quality small business owners that would love the work. 

Im sorry, did you say something?  Please speak up - I can barely hear you :tongue:.  Seriously though, thanks for the offer but the cheapie disposable ones seem to be working fine for me (I hope).

I may get some customs one day (some guy was selling some at a track day years ago that you could mold yourself), but right now, yeah, I just grab a handful of Hearos or Gordon Leights from work and I'm good to go. May actually be something to think about for my wife, though. I wear them for 10 hours a day, but they're a little big for her.

• Member Contributer

Have just invested in some costumes ear plugs.  2 sets one normal other with speakers.  £ 230 for the pair. What a difference using the speakers ones have turned the music/ sat nav volume down by more than 75%.

the plain ones are just as good can hear what you need to hear but blocks out the noise at speed 

It's not the loud pipes that make you deaf, it's the loud wind.

And sitting in front of the speakers at a rock concert.

You now rockers only know one volume. Loud!

That's OK by me, turn it up! But you need to protect your ears.

Not a fan of the foamies, I prefer the ones that are ribbed for your protection and pleasure.

Oops copied from wrong product box. :unsure:

Like these. I bought a sampler of a whole bunch of different plugs a while back.

100_0874.JPG

Archived