Avoid Tank Scratches - Fit A Evo Tank Bag Adapter

AnikMankar

• Member Contributer

my existing magnetic tank bag used to scratch my tank. Figured out a way to keep this in position. These guys bykebitz.co.uk sell the GIVI adapter separately.

01. Regular Magentic tank Bag

Paid about 60GBP abt 90 USD + shipping (could have got a new tank bag). the kit came with the tank ring, bag adapter and the necessary fitting screws.

02. EVO Tank Ring

Positioning the adapter is critical - so it does not interferer with the handle bar movement and sitting. Tried to keep it centered on the bag. Chopped the tank bag magnetic ears !

03. tank adaptor position

04. Tank adaptor alignment

The bag has a soft base, so it needed to be reinforced. Used a fiber (from a local bag repair shop).

05. Fiber hole tracing

06. Fiber holes

Made necessary holes on the bag. They had supplied a drill bit - since the bag is soft, used a punch.

07. Holes In The Bag

08. Holes In Bag   2

now to put it all together

09. Adaptor installed   inside

10. Adaptor installed   outside

11. Adaptor installed   side

The bag now site about half an inch about the tank. Pretty secured. The fiber supports the base preventing it from sagging.

12. Tank On Bag   clear Gap

need to be tested on load.

• Member Contributer

As the Brits on the CB1000R site say, "nice bit of kit, mate"

• Member Contributer

This is the new SW-Motech one? I have the old style SW-Motech tank ring and mount. It is very useful for mounting a tank bag, but the reason I use it is so that I can use the same bag on many different bikes: The same tank ring fits most Hondas, and I've (temporarily) fitted it to two rented bikes as well as my own bikes. Other brands require different tank rings, but can use the same bag mount--that's versatile!

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

This is the new SW-Motech one? I have the old style SW-Motech tank ring and mount. It is very useful for mounting a tank bag, but the reason I use it is so that I can use the same bag on many different bikes: The same tank ring fits most Hondas, and I've (temporarily) fitted it to two rented bikes as well as my own bikes. Other brands require different tank rings, but can use the same bag mount--that's versatile!

Ciao,

yeah something similar - but i just got the ring kit instead of the entire bag etc as i already had a tank bag.

Archived