Troubles

Hey 👋 I'm new here. Names Dominic I have a 2002 Honda vfr800 US bike I believe non abs and no hiss . I bought this bike from some square and paid him 700 bucks for. Some info bike didn't run brought back home and did some digging I found that it has a vfrness that's a plus. The headlight didn't work. ( Has aftermarket HID  lights in there ). So It would only crank no start. There's no spark and no fuel pump prime. So me being a mechanic and what not started looking and taking things off. Took the tank off it was missing the two bolts up by the tree tags was cool 😑. The fuel pump banjo bolt gone 😐. They used some weird silicone to seal the fuel tank 🤔.  I took the fairing off and saw the stator wires were crushed by the frame slider and broke/cut the wires. Thought I was onto something so I moved the wires and just for testing purposes isolated the exposed wires and tried to start it. Still not fuel pump prime and no spark. I got some new to me coils from ebay. A new fuel pump gasket. Had a buddy of mine help with the electrical side and everything thing looked good untill we tested the ecu and he said it was good untill we plugged in the ecu. So I was like alright cool got one off of eBay. Tossed it on there and still nothing 😭 buts it's ok I'm here now and looking for some pointers. ALSO would help if someone had a wiring diagram for a us bike non hiss tried looking on the Google and seemed to be all Aussie and uk and that didn't help me. Please and thank you 

Dom

Screenshot_20210620-231248.jpg

• Member Contributer

You can download the Service Manual from this site.

1. What is the state of the Fi light with your Sidestand down. Is it flashing a code, or fully on, or does it go out after 2secs at switch on?

2. Check your Main Fuse B 30amp and its wiring.

3. In fact check the state of all fuses!

4. Do you have a healthy battery?

5. Properly repair any damaged wiring and connections!

And that's just a bit of a start point!

I have found the service manual. 

1. I think I turns on then off. 

2. The fuse its good.

3. Fuses look good. 

4. Battery it a little suspect but all testings have been while it on the charger. 

5. Will do going to get on that soon 

Archived