Power Commander behaviour with mods

Erron

Question

I have an 09 VFR800 which i am very happy with but want to make it a bit smoother on the gear changes and a little more torque.

So far i have done the flapper mod, put some good levers on and put in a modded throttle tube to decrease turn. All works really nicely but now im looking at the torque.

I have purchased a Power Commander V and have a -1 front sprocket on its way. Before i install them however, i wanted to ask how the PCV will behave with all the other mods, will it cause any issues for me?

1 answer to this question

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Erron said:

I have an 09 VFR800 which i am very happy with but want to make it a bit smoother on the gear changes and a little more torque.

So far i have done the flapper mod, put some good levers on and put in a modded throttle tube to decrease turn. All works really nicely but now im looking at the torque.

I have purchased a Power Commander V and have a -1 front sprocket on its way. Before i install them however, i wanted to ask how the PCV will behave with all the other mods, will it cause any issues for me?

Hi Erron.

Welcome to the forum. Can't imagine that any of your mods would have an effect on the PCV, you've only disable the flapper so there's been no changes to the EFI that could possibly cause any dramas. I haven't installed a PCV but I'm sure that what you have done will not upset any tuning you intend to do with the PCV.

Enjoy your 6gen and hope it gives you plenty of reliable kilometers.

Cheers. :beer:

Archived