throttle gummed up and not returning

I have a throttle that is gummed up and not returning at all to the start. It also has no freeplay but that is 2nd on my list to fix. the cable looks good and not freyed so I took apart the handlebar housing and lubricated one of the cables until it dripped out the exit below the gas tank. It is the lower cable on the throttle body that was lubed. I tried to adjust the upper cable but I can't figure out which way to turn it. I don't think that is causing my return issue anyway. I am going to figure out how to lubricate the second cable now. I will have to completely take the cables out of the housing to accomplish this I guess. I thought I could adjust the return cable and it would cause it to snap back. the lower cable is slack down by the throttle body and I am not sure why because I haven't adjusted that one. The manual is limited help because it just says to adjust. Doesn't tell you which way to turn it for less or more slack, and again I don't think I am at the point of adjusting slack yet as the cable must be too dry and getting hung up in the housing.  I rode for hours yesterday with no issues and did not do anywork on the bike that could have caused a kink or anything so I am stumped.  

Joel

Archived