Rear shock?

Has anyone upgraded the rear shock yet?  The supply looks limited. 

However I noticed that Nitron now do a shock, has anyone fitted one?  http://www.nitron.co.uk/catalogue_main.php?catID=13433

Any other shock mods that may be be worth sharing with the Group?

To be honest, i don't have a major problem with the rear shock, however I have not yet got the front shocks where I am comfortable with them, OK on smooth roads but they get unsettled on the bumpy ones.

Any advice gratefully received

Carlos

Hi carlos

note that I am at most just under 70kg attgatt. It was found that the stock repbound setting of 1/2 turn out from full hard and preload four lines showing as it made the forks exceedingly  slow to recover.. If your preload is at four lines showing, then use 1-1/2 turns out from hard making rebound more compliant. If you are heavier than me, then adjust accordingly. The other side of the equation is when carrying a passenger and luggage -- I found I had to firm preload to two lines showing on the forks and rebound a tad less than half turn out. Plus front tyre pressures at 42 with the load. 

For the rear my settings are 1-1/2 turns out from hard for rebound and step four or five from max soft for preload. 

Best regards

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Carlosfandango said:

Has anyone upgraded the rear shock yet?  The supply looks limited. 

Thank you for providing me with the opportunity to quote myself. :goofy:

Quote:

f that's any help, Hyperpro list the exact same references for the RC46 Vtec/6th Gen and the RC79/8th Gen:

VFR 800 V-TEC (also ABS) `02-13 HO08-0AA HO08-1AC OPTIONS: LA, HPA
VFR 800 F `14> HO08-0AA HO08-1AC OPTIONS: LA, HPA

Source: http://hyperpro.com/wp-content/PDFs/Catalogue/Hyperpro-Shockabsorbers.pdf

I like to ride quick, and better quality suspension would be really nice but I'm not sure I'd throw quite that much money at the shock-it isn't to shabby for what it is. 

The front end is a different story-I wouldn't hesistate to spend some money on the fork as it really seems under-sprung/damped when it has to deal with the (considerable) mass of this bike under braking and turn-in at any kind of sporty pace.  I wish they spec'd it w a USD fork.

I think any decent tuner could re-valve the stock shock for about a third that price and get 90% of the performance any reasonable person could need out of this bike.

Hi guys,

I spent some time trying to find an upgraded shock for my RC79.

I found a good option... in France.

Actually, the owner is a Brit but he settled in France.

I swapped my shock about 1 month ago and since then, I rode 2 000 miles.

I liked very much the improved damping of the shock.

However : one drawback .you ll have to give up the remote preload adjustment.

Price is reasonnable : less than 5oo bucks.

company name   : shock factory 

P.S I'm not affiliated to the company whatsoever.

I have a Hyperpro on my Vtec, made a huge improvement over the OEM Showa unit.

If you do a lot of 2-Up or Luggage riding I really would invest in the additional cost in going with a remote preload adjuster.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
58 minutes ago, Hainzy said:

I have a Hyperpro on my Vtec, made a huge improvement over the OEM Showa unit.

Is that the standard Hyperpro with the progressive spring ?

Reason I'm asking is that they apparently offer an option to swap for a linear spring these days. 

25f07cb4a9792426227e71da1f295205.jpg

Linear spring, better option if you want to dial the suspension into your needs.

Their Progressive springs are usually just for upgrading OEM shocks/forks, or for the "budget" Sport Rear shocks.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Archived