Few Mods Complete

VFRbeliever

• Member Contributer

Hi all,

Last summer I picked up a pristine 2002 VFR (abs model) with only 908 miles on her!  It was late in the season and didn't get to ride too much, but have been busy doing a few modifications.  The bike already had a set of Staintune cans, but other than that was pretty much stock.  To date I have:

Modified rear fender

Removed the snorkel

Disabled PAIR valve

Disabled flapper valve

Last week a got around to doing a few more.  I needed to buy new tires, so while the wheels were off I sprayed them with Plasti-dip.  I did my truck wheels last year and they have held up very nicely.  I used anthracite gray and love how they came out.

large.IMG_3846.JPG

I added some tank grabbers.

I also attempted to darken the wind screen.  I used VHT nightshades and sprayed the inside of the screen.  It is not perfect, but I generally like how it came out.  It is semi-transparent like I wanted.  The product didn't adhere to the windscreen the way I anticipated.  It didn't cover thoroughly, you can see the tiny spray droplet pattern.  However, it actually looks pretty cool.  I'm going to keep it.

large.IMG_3844.JPG

I have a new Sargent seat being delivered today.  With that, I think I'm going to stop the mods for a while and ride!

Archived