I'm 5' 7" How Would The Vfr1200 Fit Me?

Tippy

I've had a 2003 VFR800 & the riding postion was just about right once I added bar raisers. How does the 1200 compare to the 800 in this respect? Live in kansas city & haven't seen a 1200 in person yet. Thanks gentlemen

I'm 5'5" and it fits as well as my fifth gen did. Pegs are slightly forward, and bars seem slightly more forward, but feels very familiar. I will add help bars when the budget allows and it should be perfect.

5ten here. Had a slight rise on my Vtec bars (Convertibars) which felt perfect paired with a stock Sargent seat. Flat footed stops.

My DCT is stock bars ( slight forward lead) not annoying unless I don't use my core.

32" inseam on a stock seat baseplate but Gunfighter style custom foam and cover by Sargent, maybe shaved lower a bit so easily flat footed at a stop.

For the 1200 weight, you'll want to be flat footed for peace of mind.

• Member Contributer

This is a handy website that helps compare the ergonomics of numerous bikes. By opening it in more than one browser tab, it's easy to click back and forth between two and see the difference. Be sure to click on the "Options" and "Vehicle Customization" tabs for additional info.

http://cycle-ergo.com/

• 3 weeks later...

5' 4" here and a 2010 7th gen fits me great with 2 changes. I have HeliBars and I had my seat redone by a local upholsterer. The bars came first and made the fit great for me however the seat was too hard for more than an hour in the saddle. So after the upholsterer did his magic the seat is lower and better contoured for short legs while stopped. He dropped the seat height so much that I am thinking of going back to the stock bars. So the lesson learned for me is to go find a good local upholsterer first and sort the seat out, then work on the handle bars. Also the seat cost less than a new seat from Corbin or having it worked by Sargent, both very good companies, but I like supporting local craftsmen and having the chance to sit on the seat to see if it fits while he was working on it. I put before and after pictures so the difference can be seen. Hope this helps.

IMG_20141002_122742238_HDR[1].jpg

IMG_20151224_161353478[1].jpg

5'7" here too and the VFR1200 fits me like it was designed for my frame.  Compared to other supersport ST's, the V4 allows the mid section is very narrow.  This allows rider's legs a straight reach for terra firma.  Reach to the bars is a little long, but not as much as bikes like the ZX14R.  I've got Helibars on mine now, but I probably would have been just as happy staying with the stock bars.

The seat to peg distance is tight by sport touring standards, but fits me just fine as I don't have knee problems.  For my 30" inseam, it only gets slightly uncomfortable after a long day in the saddle.  Nothing a short break at the gas station wouldn't relieve easily.  I can definitely see taller riders having legroom issues.

I have the Honda optional low seat and, height wise, it is perfect for around town and short distance riding.  For longer trips, I prefer a comfier seat.

Never owned an 800, so can't compare.

• 9 months later...

Archived