8Th Gen Front Forks

vfrnick

Just wondering what owners of the 8th Gen model, think of the front forks. They seem a bit choppy on rougher roads and when you compress them they don't seem to rebound at all as if the standard rebound setting is too high. Might just be me, and it has been cold here so I guess the oil will be fairly thick. Just wondering if anyone has done any adjustment. I always seem to make suspension worse. Cheers.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I had the same concerns when I picked up the bike from the dealership. I thought for sure something was loose or damaged. I noticed it the second time I took it out as well. I figured it was a combination of being new, and being new and almost two years old already. The more I exercise the shock on rough roads the less I can feel any of that choppiness.

i don't know wheter the rebound default settings are the same on both side of the atlantic ocean, but in europe, the hydrolics is by far too closed for driving on real-life roads. It's certainly well adjusted for track days.

Archived