Speedohealer On An 8Th Gen.

mansonitefirefox

Question

9 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

On the 6 Gen it's at the end of the speedo sensor which is mounted to the case right at the front sprocket, I doubt it would be much different on the 8 Gen.

• Member Contributer

Wow! I looked through the parts fiche and there is no listing of a speedo sensor! They list a speedometer but they refer to the dashboard. It's very possible they went to an electronic sensor off of the front wheel or its taken off of the sprocket shaft but even then I cannot find anything listed for the left side of the bike! In fact, the chain is shown wig the swing arm parts.

• Member Contributer

That just links back to the bike selector for me. But... Runs off the front wheel from what I can tell from the URL?That is the sensor for the ABS. Not the speedo. You can get the speedo to tick up by just spinning the rear wheel on the centre stand.

Hmm, the parts list says speed sensor, which could also mean ABS too. However, if spinning the rear wheel causes the speedo to tick, then it must be at the rear wheel or sprocket still. Unfortunately the parts fiche isn't much help and I don't have anyone close to me who has an 8 Gen I can get a close look at.

Archived