What Luggage?

OntarioHawk

• Member Contributer

Just fitted the E22's,and as per usual encountered a problem, they will not open with the E55 top box fitted because the lids are hitting the underside of the top box, maybe they would work with a V46 top box, which is 35mm narrower, 17.5mm per side, not even sure if that will be enough, on other bikes where the side racks sit out further this may not be an issue,but it is on the vfr,

also the spring from the right passenger footpeg seems to have vanished as I was fitting the pl257 rack so be careful that the same thing doesn't happen you,

my options now are to try and see if they will open with a V46 top box fitted,that means buying another topbox, :mad:

or return them and get E360's or the keyless panniers,

disappointed after waiting so long only now to discover the damn things won't open with the big top box fitted.

the panniers are ok, they need to be pushed in maybe half an inch from the outside to get them to line up for closing the lid, I suppose you'd get used to this, 'if' you get them open in the first place :schla15:

I've got quite a small monolock top case - just fits my helmet. The sides of the case just extend over the edges of the mounting plate. I don't think Im going to run into the same issue you're having. Too bad they didn't work out for you Saoirse. I assume you've tried mounting them with the sloped lids facing each direction and still no luck?

• Member Contributer

Hi I got it sorted by using spacers and longer steel bolts on the the 2 rear mounting points of the side case rack, about 1/2 inch spacers where it connects with the top case rack and 3/4 inch spacers each side where the crossbar connects at the number plate.

I have the panniers fitted sloping forwards,they seem to look better with the lines of the bike fitted like this, opening fine now so all is good.

• 5 months later...

Archived