Givi E460 Brake Light Connections

VFR-SPORT

• Member Contributer

Hi:

I just bought a used Givi E460 Monokey rear trunk. It came with the Givi brake light setup. Looking at the wiring diagram, it looks like the Gr/Y (green/yellow) wire is the one that should be tapped to provide the brake light function. The Bl/Br seems to be just for the tail lights. It doesn't seem to work. Can anybody with a similar setup tell me what connection to use and also where would be the best place to tap into it? Thanks.

Stan

I have the E460 on my 5th gen. I think you are right, the Gr/Y is the hot and the Green is the ground. I tapped into both wires right at the taillight instead of relying on using a frame ground. I can tell you the small wires in the trunk break easy. The 2-pin connector between the mounting plate and trunk also gets some sort of film on it after a while and I have to take fine sand paper to it to clean it up a couple of times a year. If you bought the trunk used or it has been sitting around a while, check to be sure you are getting power back there starting at your tap and check at each connection.

• Member Contributer

Thanks. I doubled checked that the lights in the trunk are working by connecting directly to battery through all the connection points. I will try again to tap into it and a ground somewhere. On the 1200 there is really no exposed wires around the tail light section that I can see.

Archived