It Won't Start

ShadowJP88

Hi everyone,

I need your help to know why my bike can't start.

Key at off, the clock is fine, when I turn the key, no light open on the dash and after a few second, the clock disapear. When I push the start button, the clock immediatly shut down and come back when I turn the key at off.

I boost it with my car and it start, BUT when I disconnect the cable, it shut down. So I've tested my battery, the garage tell me it's fine. I then charge it for the night and try again, the same problem append.

Last year, I've changed my r/r for a better one. I've also solder a couple of ground cable that was in a connector.

• Member Contributer

Sounds like a bad battery. Was it load tested or just checked for voltage? Whether or not it is charging properly is another question you'll have to answer.

Maybe the stator has failed, since it only runs on external battery?

Test the connector from the stator with a multimeter set on continuity. One lead at the terminal and the other frame or engine. Should be no continuity. If there is, the stator is bad.

Humm.. I think he load tested it, if I remember well, it was having 12.73 volt. I can recheck the info on the paper he printed tonight.

To do "the drill" to find out if my charging system is fine, can I do it while running connected to my car or it would change values? Loll ... It won't run otherwise

You either have a bad battery or bad battery connections. You need to get the battery load-tested. It might show 12.7V with no load but drop to almost 0V at load. :mad:

However, if the clock goes off just by turning on the key, I would say it's almost definitely the battery. Turning it to "on" turns on your lights, the ECU and the fuel pump, which is not an inconsiderate amount of current!

Archived