Ken Solo Rack And Garage Pro Box?

RazorWing

I got the solo rack from Ken, great looking price by the way, well worth the investment. It has some predrilled holes, but I can seem to make this mounting plate that came with the garage pro line up in any way. I'm not too keen to drill though the rack (it's very thick anyway, I think I can stand my bike I this thing!).

So who has made this work and how did you do it? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you zeer0...but I'll hold that for a last resort....along with some liquid nail glue, haha.

Some further research (found on KLR and Vstrom forms) that many use the givi set up for this, I'm guessing the M5 mount then? Does this bolt right on the rack?

This is my first top box, so a wee bit excited, haha.

I have M5 plates on mine and my GF's solo rack. They line right up. I bought cap nuts to put on the underside just to be sure the bolt would not ever touch the seat if I lifted it too high. Just didn't want to take a chance of the threaded bolt scratching or ripping the seat material. Bought them from www.boltdepot.com I think I even bought some new bolts because the ones Givi includes with the plate are fairly long and they are cheap enough on Bolt Depot.

I have M5 plates on mine and my GF's solo rack. They line right up. I bought cap nuts to put on the underside just to be sure the bolt would not ever touch the seat if I lifted it too high. Just didn't want to take a chance of the threaded bolt scratching or ripping the seat material. Bought them from www.boltdepot.com I think I even bought some new bolts because the ones Givi includes with the plate are fairly long and they are cheap enough on Bolt Depot.

Which box do you use?

I don't know if something has changed on the garage pro box, but my M5 bracket isn't really even close on the front looks like it would require quite a bit of cutting, but wouldn't leave much of the tab on either side. Any advise?

7f0a6034915bdf6dcea72f63d2e17de1.jpg

6ec82bae5bbbfb3665084a7a6fca34ff.jpgf8882388445a2f4b040b6467b009d52b.jpg

I don't know if something has changed on the garage pro box, but my M5 bracket isn't really even close on the front looks like it would require quite a bit of cutting, but wouldn't leave much of the tab on either side. Any advise?

Can you ask the KLR and Vstrom forums that you said got it to work? Sorry, I don't know anything about the garage pro box.

I would drill holes for the other bracket before I cut the tabs if it was mine. Just use some touch up paint to cover the bare metal after drilling.

Can you ask the KLR and Vstrom forums that you said got it to work? Sorry, I don't know anything about the garage pro box.

I would drill holes for the other bracket before I cut the tabs if it was mine. Just use some touch up paint to cover the bare metal after drilling.

I posted in ADV rider as there were several there that had the same thing. I'm not going to cut up the M5 to fit as there just wouldn't be enough tons agent hold the box. I may just drill 4 holes and mount the metal plate. I'll report back once I get it figured out.

Garage Pro looks to be a JC Whitney case. That was my first topcase as well. Worked great! I used the M5 plate with no issues. The metal plate with the studs in this picture:

6ec82bae5bbbfb3665084a7a6fca34ff.jpg

I did not have to use that at all. I also know that SCguy on this forum just bought those cases. Maybe PM him and see if he had any issues. My topcase was from about 4 years ago, so it is possible something has changed. He just got his this year.

Garage Pro looks to be a JC Whitney case. That was my first topcase as well. Worked great! I used the M5 plate with no issues. The metal plate with the studs in this picture:

6ec82bae5bbbfb3665084a7a6fca34ff.jpg

I did not have to use that at all. I also know that SCguy on this forum just bought those cases. Maybe PM him and see if he had any issues. My topcase was from about 4 years ago, so it is possible something has changed. He just got his this year.

Your not the first I have heard, but the first and third picture in the thread shows how the slots of the case are trying to align it to the m5 plate. I wonder if they changed it? JCW has no idea, I wasn't even able to order the large as they couldn't even figure out the box I ordered and just got it off their eBay store. I was on the phone for 45 min with 3 reps and 2 supervisors and they never even figured out the box with part numbers and URLs from their own site, haha.

I got the box mounted. I ended up just drilling 4 holes and using the bracket it comes with. If I really like the top box I'm going to get a Monokey when I find a deal. I'll post pictures later, but it looks good! Taller then expected, but much better then if it was hanging off the back.

I got no where with ADV rider, but apparently they changed the design just enough that you have to use their mount, which isn't bad.

Archived