Visit To Bmw Dealer Saved Me 20K

ridered

Had a chance to ride a VFR 1200 for 100 miles of mixed roads. Compared to the BMW it is light years better everywhere except weight. More power, better brakes, smoother, better wind protection, better looking and way cheaper. Yes, it doesn't have all the fancy electronics, but it was only 16K (MSRP). Yet all the reviews are positive on the BMW and no one complains the BMW is $20,000 without the bags and has a 4.7 gallon tank giving it the same range as the 1200. VFR owners must be a picky bunch (myself included). Don't image there will be and left over 2016 1200rs' sitting in dealers in 3 years. If Honda would reintroduce the VFR1200 for '16 with bags, heated grips, fully adjustable suspension and cruise standard I'd buy one for the 16K asking price. Or give us the 1000cc interceptor. Either way they would have my money for sure.

Either way the VFR can't be beat as the most versatile bike compared to what I have ridden:

BMW r1200rs: too expensive and not that good.

FJR1300: to touring oriented, but a good bike. Not good for city or short trips

V-Strom: Ugly and under powered. Good for the money and it's target market (rode a friend's with no intention of ever buying one)

Still on my list:

Africa Twin

'14+ interceptor (1000cc and I would have a deposit today)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived