Ventura Rack And Pillion Grabrail?

ausmomo

Gday,

Been looking at buying my first VFR, and noticed this image (see attached)

It looks like the Ventura rack really restricts the amount of room for the pillion's hands. Is this so?

Thanks

post-33559-0-43694500-1437224245.jpg

It can be a bit of a tight fit for the pillions hands with the rack fitted big hands will not be comfortable

I just removed and sold my ventura rack and pack and fitted a Givi FZ166 Monorack and V47 topcase

I kept finding my Ventura bag had been tampered with if left on the bike for even a short time here in Brisbane

The Givi is not theft proof but it takes a bit more to remove from the bike when locked onto the rack

Don't worry about the pillion , They should be on their own bike anyway :laugh: and not helping to wear out your rear tire faster Ha Ha

My Mrs was still able to use the grab rail But only just and not for long periods of time

The Givi rack also has some supports running from the same points on the grab rail but it has a bit more room than the Ventura rack

• Member Contributer

I've had a pair of Ventura racks. I would not recommend them. One of them broke and left my stuff scattered all over the highway. Didn't think a tent and sleeping bag was that heavy.

I have used Ventura luggage since the mid 1980's and never had a breakage even with 48 cans of beer and 2 bags of ice stashed into the pack ( wheelies anybody )

Nearly every bike that I have owned has had one of their systems and the most common place fault is the leaky bags in torrential rain when new and when old leaking if it even showers........Easily fixed with a big plastic sack lining the pack

Never had a mechanical fault / failure with the racks though

I must admit the design of the V-tec rack leaves a bit to be desired in as far as being able to comfortably use the grab rail

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have you looked at shad mounting kit for vfr800? Its pretty good.

Ha! I have been looking at it, and I've just come on to ask about it!

If it's this one here;

http://www.shad.es/descargas/shad5102.pdf

http://www.shad.es/imagenes/a_shad5082.jpg

Then yeah. It does look better. It looks like there might be SOME interference with the grab rail, but way less than the Ventura racks.

Does anyone here have this Shad rack?

Archived