Power Commander Quick Shifter

VIFFR

The search function didn't reveal much but I'm after info if anyone has been able to install a pc quick shifter with their pcIIIusb.

There isn't an off the shelf kit available but with 4 or 5 rod lengths available I'm sure someone here has had a crack at installing one.

I don't need one, just toying with the idea of one.

Thanks!

With some advice from the very helpful guys at power commander, yes it can be done. I will just need to fabricate a mounting point and get a threaded adjustable rod to suit. I'm thinking a zzr250 gear shift height adjuster will be perfect.

I'll order them when i get my commission next week and put up some photos as i go along.

Much excitement!

My speedo healer arrived last night and I've ordered a pc3usb. That should arrive in 2-3 weeks.

I've had some technical difficulties at work (i got sacked) so I'll be putting off the quick shifter till i land a new job.

Till then it's rebuild the slave cylinder and master cylinder and detailing the old girl.

I've got an 1989 cbr250r that has no spark and I'm trying to fault find that. That's keeping me busy as well. Good times :D

Given the topic about crumbling dogs and the extreme remedies for repair, I'd re-think the shifter deal. I know how exciting it is to trick/fab things out, but I read a recent bit by Kevin Cameron about this very topic, and even though your device cuts fuel while shifting and takes some load off the train, it's still not......, well, there you have it.

• 1 month later...

I have the whole Bazzaz TCFi and quickshifter on my GSXR1. I only use the QS on the track. I actually find the QS on the street to make low speed shifting more difficult. I skip the whole QS thing on the street. On the street how often do you go full boogie through all the gears? Do you need to save a few tenths of a second on your commute?

Archived