Guitar Case Mount

Africord

• Member Contributer

Okay, I may have gone off the deep end, but I'd like to figure out a way to mount my guitar case (see photo) to my 6th gen. I have the factory side cases and rack. I'm considering a mount that would allow the guitar to replace the right side case. Does anybody have a 6th gen case with a broken lid? The other idea is to set up a strap system with a ratcheting nylon strap and a couple of bungee cords.

post-19961-0-29802600-1432933627.jpg

• Member Contributer

In the movie Purple Rain, I remember a scene where Prince arrived at one of his shows on his motorcycle and had a guitar strapped to his back. He rode a Honda CB400A in the movie.

Hendrix rode a Harley-Davidson Panhead. He left a guitar at each of his friends' house so he would have something to play when he went to see them. My guess is he didn't like the idea of carrying a guitar on his motorcycle. I wouldn't, either.

• Member Contributer

Thanks, I had an offer to haul my guitar from a friend riding to the same event on a Vulcan Trike. FYI. I've put a similar case in the back of a 4WD going through the bush in Africa and in the luggage pod of small a Cessna (on the bottom of the plane). The worst treatment was on the top of an African bus. The guitar came through just fine even with grass strip landings. Eventually, the case was beat up to the point that SKB replaced it under their lifetime warranty.

Z-motorcase only has fitments for Harley's and Victory's. Their "V" angles are too narrow and 4-cyls are better than 2!

Archived